• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newburgh NY Meet & Greet for December 8th

Cap'n Bob

OK, I have listed a Meet & Greet for December 8th. It will be held at the Neptune Diner in Newburgh, NY. It has proven to be a fairly good location for folks from all directions. All are welcome. It's up to you if you want to ride the motorcycles or come in a cage. It's up to y'all and nobody will look down on you if you so choose to come in the cage.
    These Meet & Greets are about folks getting together. If you get to ride, better yet for you.  The Neptune Diner has proven to be in a good location close to two major highway's (I-87 NYS Thruway and I-84). There are also plenty of great roads to take back roads to or from the event.
    I have had all positive comments on the Neptune's food. So if anyone has been unhappy, they have not said anything to me. That was not the case with the previous location.  :-[  Also there are other things in the area if you would like to make it a day trip. Motorcyclepedia is close by as well as Orange County Choppers (almost across the street), if your into motorcycles other than Connie's. As well as lots of other things to do in the area.
  Anyway, come on by and say hi over a nice meal. Hope to see y'all there. 

Note to add: Here's the event page from the calendar.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176641&mo=12&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D12%2D24%27%7D

Hmm.  Meet & Greet in Newburgh for lunch, then to Albany for a Christmas party.  That could make for a great day.  I'll probably be there.

Count me in assuming the weather is cooperative.
    Long time- no see Mitch. Hope to see you there.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Hmm, right down the road.  Is a Honda rider welcome if I admit I would have bought a Connie if I knew then what I know now?  :-[

Kendoo said:
Hmm, right down the road.  Is a Honda rider welcome if I admit I would have bought a Connie if I knew then what I know now?  :-[

As a club COG is brand agnostic. Not only are you welcome to come, you can join the club too.

Kendoo said:

Not only can you come and are welcome. You can meet your neighbor (me) who literally lives just a little over a mile away from you. It would be nice to have you come by and say hey.  Hopefully the weather will be decent for this and I will riding there. And so you don't feel out of place on your Honda. I would be riding my Yamaha there. But if it's snowing or something, I'll take the truck.  ;D

We will try to make it.  Hope we can ride there.  The weather has taken a turn for the cold, but that's what electrics are for.  In the least ten years December has blessed us with some good riding days.

Uncle Sam has sent me back from the middle east...after a year + of wanting to show up, I might be home for this one! 

Have they been putting salt on the roads yet?  (From Syracuse area south.)

Could be an interesting "welcome home" ride.

How many people usually show up?

Ironically I was out today and noticed quite a bit of salt dust on the roads. Which is really kind of strange since we haven't had snow stick on any road or sidewalk surfaces yet. It's snowed twice this year already. But only on grass and such. So although I normally pull the plug when they start salting the roads. I probably will keep going slightly longer and give the bike a good wash before I put it away. Maybe it will give us a good rain before that will wash off the roads a little.

As to how many show up. Well it's always a roll of the dice. Sometimes when I expect a big turn out. We get rain or something and it's a small group. Or other times I expect few folks, and I wind up with 15. Although once we get into winter, it tends to be smaller crowds. But if the weather is decent, you may have a decent turn out since we're running out of good riding days for the season.
  Although I have run them right through the winter the last few years and they have pretty much always had some folks show up. Although there are times when everyone showed up in the cages becuase of the weather. Bikes are not mandatory. I consider them a bonus for you.  :)

This might work for me yet Bob. The latest weather forecast is now showing -0- % chance of precipitation and temps. into the 40's F. And I have not been to the new diner yet so I might be able to take the ride this Sat. I won't sign up until the day is closer and the weather more certain though.

Brian

I need to be in Wappingers Falls Saturday morning to do computer related work at a friends place. If I get done in time I'll jump across the river to pop in at the diner. Then off to moms place for a visit.

The weather shows a slight chance of precipitation  for Saturday early morning as of right now. (Although rain would be the normal for the M&G  :-[ )  Hopefully that will change to totally nice by the weekend. But even so, it's looking pretty good. Hopefully it will be a nice dry day for riding.

Well it's been raining here all day. It's raining here now. And it's suppose to rain all night. Tomorrow has a good chance of rain showers. (big surprise for Newburgh Meet & Greets)  But I will be there. And I totally understand if folks opt of the cage over the bike in the rain during December. There's a good chance I will.  :))

It's not looking too good weatherwise in beautiful Bolton Landing right now. There's a little over an inch of snow on the ground.

I think I'll see how things are in the morning and then decide if it's wise to ride to the M&G. I'm only 2 miles from I87, but it's a tough 2 miles in bad weather. I really hope to see you all!

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I'm gonna have to back out.  I was hoping to make it to the M&G and get back in time for my parents 50th wedding celebration but it would be cutting it to close.  Next time.

Common sense wins out which is rare in my life. The roads here are just too slick to chance riding the bike. I'm really disappointed since I won't be able to make a M&G until May at the earliest.

To the brave souls who make it on two wheels, be careful and all of you have a good time.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Looks like I won't be making this one either. Visibility down in central nj is not so good, and it's been raining constantly since last night.

I'm wondering if maybe me and Walker18 could put something together for closer to our area.

Nice job Bob,a nice group there for sure. The ride home was fun,the fog had lifted, the road  was dry and traffic on 84 was moving. had the CC sit on 80 mph and was passed a lot.That's 80 on my GPS. The TPX Radar detector does not miss and has almost no false alarms. All in all a nice way to spend some time,thanks for putting these on.

Thanks Wayne, nice to have you, as always.

We had a nice group considering that it was a rainy day in December. We had twelve folks from three states come for lunch. Bruce gets the long distance award for the day.  :great:  I also want to welcome a new participant that came as well. Ken (Kendoo) is local and decided to come say hey. Hopefully he had a good time and will come again.
  My apologies to folks for not hanging out to kick tires in the parking lot like normal. But it was nice to get in a movie with the wife. 

Thanks for putting this together Bob.  I had a great time.  Too close to home though, thermostat never even opened  :D
Was nice meeting everyone and sharing some stories.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next M&G.

Always nice to be reminded why I stay a part of this group.  Good food and good company.

It was nice meeting you Ken.  Hope you come back for more.