• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newest member , stupid gas station

cpmracing

Tricycle
Got out early this morning for a chilly, but mind cleaning/clearing ride. About 70 miles into the ride pulled into Sheetz in Ephrata Pa. Turned to pull into a spot , next thing I know gravity took over . Very slow drop  :-[. Nothing broke, just some minor scrapes. Still it went down . Weird feeling looking at your bike laying in a parking lot.

Ouch for the bike, glad you are ok. Frame sliders, both front and back...worth the investment !!

Welcome Brian. We will have to see you at the Ephrata bikers breakfast in the spring. First Sunday in May. Don't drop her there, because everyone would see you do it. One of my biggest fears. Hopefully you got that out of your system!

4Bikes said:
Welcome Brian. We will have to see you at the Ephrata bikers breakfast in the spring. First Sunday in May. Don't drop her there, because everyone would see you do it. One of my biggest fears. Hopefully you got that out of your system!

At least when you drop it in front of your biker friends, they will usually help lift it back up.... that is when they finish pointing, laughing and taking photos!

MizzouMike said:
4Bikes said:

At least when you drop it in front of your biker friends, they will usually help lift it back up.... that is when they finish pointing, laughing and taking photos!

Could of have been worse. A buddy of mine decided to ride again after 20 years (kids grown up and moved out, divorced). Bought a brand new 2014 C14. On his maiden voyage, goes by a local hang out....5 guys admiring his bike. He gets off bike in excitement and FORGETS to deploy the kick stand....KABOOM !!!  :mad: :mad: :mad:...Yep, no frame sliders, no nothing other than damage to bike and his pride.... :'( :'(. And then to make matters even worse, he forgot how to pick up a bike and a couple of the guys had to help him. Whatever was left of his pride was then stomped on.

Ouch, ouch, ouch in every way possible.....enough said.

A frightening amount of pride gets stomped right next to fuel pumps.  Glad you weren't hurt and Connie came through unscathed.  And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 526th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:

0522 C14 Richard Close Jr.
0523 C14 Charlie Moore
0524 C14 Julio Sekler
0525 C14 Ahmet Beyhan
0526 C10 Brian Frankenfield

Glad to be a part of the "club"  :-[ now. Yes , hope dropping the bike is over now. ChipDoc thanks for the number.  :great:
4bikes , i love breakfast. Ephrata is a little over an hour away from my house.Let me know where the breakfast is held. Gladly meet up.

Sorry to hear about your drop. I think we have all been there. I did the same thing in my VFR in front of a bunch of Harley riders. I went over SLOW and as I hit the ground I just rolled over on my back and stayed there. I guess they thought I had a medical emergency because they didn't laugh but it was funny. They helped me pick it up and except for a busted lens i was fine. It hurts the ego a bit though.

BrianF said:
Glad to be a part of the "club"  :-[ now. Yes , hope dropping the bike is over now. ChipDoc thanks for the number.  :great:
4bikes , i love breakfast. Ephrata is a little over an hour away from my house.Let me know where the breakfast is held. Gladly meet up.

Sure thing Brian.  Also, look in the Rallies, Rides and events section.  Here is a link to some photos and videos from the event.  It's held the first Sunday of the Month during the riding season.

https://www.facebook.com/EphrataFirstSundayMotorcycleRally