• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ninja to Concours

wmathi

Tricycle
Hello everyone - I am Bill and have been riding my 86 Ninja ZX1000r for 10+ years. she was a very nice bike, at 25years old she could still turn heads. Lots of mods - jet kit, timing, bigger sprocket, Kevlar clutch, full exhaust, etc...    :'(

I had went to the dealers to get an oil filter and seen a red 2009 Concours. I seen the price and fell in love. Wife was an instant sell. we love to take mini vacations exporing Ohio, history and museums. The bike seems to be a perfect fit. I like sport bikes a twist of the wrist and your troubles are behind. Put the saddle bags on and we can easy pack what is needed for our overnighters.

I had looked at other sportbikes but the riding positions would be too uncomfortable for us (the 86 was more upright). I did have a little issue with the new bike, see "inner cowl issue" but thanks too Cap'n Bob I wrote it off a strange fluke and now all is well.

With the weather and my schedule doing everything they can to keep me from riding, I have only got 50 miles on the bike. I would like to get a few more miles on it before I would make any changes. But we are already looking at lowering or lower seat, a trunk bag (do they make them for quick removal - like saddle bags) and I know it goes against the grain of the forum but a louder exhaust. My biggest fear is the cars not knowing a bike is around them. This bike is stunningly quite. I will ride some more before making a decision.

Enough about me, I think having a forum based on a specific bike is great. Although, I did not get a "fix" answer to my issue, the relief I got from knowing it is not a common issue was well worth the membership fee.

Looks like I might have a bit of ride time today ----- gotta go

Bill

Attachments

• ninja.jpg
    ninja.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 106
  • concours.jpg
    concours.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 97
Congrats and welcome Bill! The red is my favorite color on the C14's. So you did good in my book.  :welcome:

It might rain here today, but I'm going out riding in a few minutes anyway.  I guess you can't always worry about rain. So if it's almost a 50/50 chance. I'll give it a shot anyway! (today at least!)  :))

Welcome Bill, Congrats on the new bike and I love the old one, the C-10 is based off the original Ninja that you own !! and yes,  RED is the fastest color !!

Hope you kept that ole ninja, for an 86 she looks great!  And the red is my favorite color c14 as well.  I still have a c10 but would LOVE to have a 14.  A lot of the 14 guys have a louder exhaust, if you like em, get it.