• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(NJ-NY) Sloatsburg Meet & Greet - 11 AM, Sunday, April 22nd

COG-528

^-^

Come join us for our April Meet & Greet (11 AM, April 22nd), Sunday Brunch-Lunch at Rhodes North Tavern in Sloatsburg, NY just across the stateline from NJ.  The food at Rhodes is delicious!
15.gif

rhodesfront.jpg

Rhodes North Tavern 40 Orange Turnpike (NY-17) Sloatsburg, NY

This is a chance to meet some of the local COG family and friends and may be start a local riding group.  There is a possibility of a short ride after we eat.  All are welcome with no need to be a COG member or on a motorcycle to come join in the fun.  So don't be square, be there. :72:

Directions: Rhodes North Tavern is located a short distance from the junction of I-87 (NY Thruway) & I-287.

From NJ, the Tappan Zee Bridge and points South

• [size=12pt]Take I-87 (NY Thruway) North to Exit 15A NY-17& 59 Sloatsburg - Suffern.
  • Turn left at Light onto NY-17 North
  • Follow NY-17 North 2.2 miles to Rhodes North Tavern on right. 

From points North, take I-87 (NY Thruway) South to Exit 15A NY-17&59 Sloatsburg - Suffern.

• Turn right off Exit onto NY-17 North.
  • Turn Left at STOP sign
  • Follow NY-17 North 2.3 miles to Rhodes North Tavern on right.

From Bear Mountain Bridge take the scenic fun route to Sloatsburg. ;)

• US-6 West to Long Mtn Traffic Cir.
  • Take 2nd exit from Long Mtn Circle onto Seven Lakes Dr for a 14 mile scenic ride through Harriman State Park to Sloatsburg
  • Turn Left at light onto NY-17 South
  • Go 0.5 miles to Rhodes North Tavern on left.

Note: If on a motor, be sure to use the parking lot on the North end of Rhodes North Tavern because the lot on the South end is not paved.

:051bye: Please don't forget to register that you are coming so we will know how big a table to ask for.  Rhodes' Sunday Brunch is very popular.

:c017:

This looks like a great distination for me.  Not much further than Newburgh.  Bear Mt riding on the way home.  Unfortunately, already got plans for a camping weekend.
:'(

Our first Sloatsburg Meet & Greet will be taking place in 15 days.  The food will be delicious and great riding is only 3 minutes away from the parking lot.  I hope everyone will come join in the fun.

^-^ I will try my best to be there. Sundays look like the busiest day for Rhodes. I will say that the food there really is good. We were in the area yesterday and the weather was great. See you all soon.

IMG00468-20120407-1240.jpg

Picking Sunday for the Meet & Greet may have been an error on my part.  :-[  I did it in case there were people who are not free on Saturdays to attend the Newburgh Meet & Greet who would appreciate having one on Sundays.  If I receive a lot of feedback that it would be better to have it on a Saturday, in the future we can always change the day.

Will try to make it . Rhodes is a usual stop for the people I ride with on our sunday blast. Maybe we can try emeralds in greenwood lake for an M & G. in the near future. hope to see ya soon.
Red Ryder.

^-^

Okay folks it is only four days till our first Meet & Greet at Rhodes North Tavern in Sloatsburg.  Unfortunately the weather is looking less than perfect for riding on Sunday.  But there is no reason why you can't come in a cage if you would rather not ride your motor that day. 

Please
i-m-pleading-with-you.gif
don't forget to register that you are coming so we will know how big a table to ask for.  Rhodes' Sunday Brunch
421.gif
is very popular!  :72:

Well, looks like weather and overtime are going to conspire to be the deciding factors on if I show up.  $20 in gas on the bike to go out to lunch I can live with.  $40+ in the truck makes me hesitate, as I can take the whole family out to lunch for that...  But if this weather front pushes through overnight, (and I don't get the OT) I'll hop on the bike and be there.  "Rain" won't stop me, but the "Torrential Downpour" that is currently happening at my house will.

;D I haven't eaten all day (too busy sleeping) and I made the mistake of looking at their menu.  "Torrential Downpour" just got less likely to stop me.  :rotflmao:

Well, I didn't get hired for OT this  morning, but it looks like there is too much rain headed that way for me to ride down.  Sorry, Mike.  I'll try to make the next one.

This is just a post to let Mike gadge interest...  I wouldn't be inclined to take the car but I would ride to this meeting point.  I went to the NH M&G last weekend and going to the Tech Session next weekend so I'm sticking close to home this weekend.  Kinda sorta being in the middle of the action, geographically speaking, offers me lots of choices on most weekends so... another time and it would be a mini-rally.  Hope you do this again.  :motonoises:

Sorry we couldn't make this one.  We had a full dayof chores that we had planned well in advance.  Rhodes Tavern is a great place.

Everyone got scared off by the threat of heavy rain which did not occur until the evening.  Only Cap'n Bob & Cindy showed up.  I was very disappointed because some local people said they were coming as long as the weather wasn't  "dreadful" and then they did not show.  We did see motorcycles go by while we were at Rhodes but no Concours. 

At this point I don't know when I might try again.  The May calendar is extremely busy and June is the National.