• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No-Mar set up worth it?

cragantler

I have a vendor at work that used to roadrace offer me a No-Mar tire mounting setup. Comes with all shown below. He’ll
let me have it for $200.
Never used them but recall hearing about the set up when I was into dual sports a few years ago. I do my own tire changes so could easily pay for itself, I believe.
Thanks, Doug
D37747F9-D80D-4EA9-8CD0-E2210A7B788A.jpeg5A468974-6104-4344-B515-314CDAF38646.jpeg36A25FDA-14DC-40D4-B5A1-26634955817A.jpeg

I would snap it up immediately. The no-mar removal bar is $150+ alone. Makes changing tires a breeze. Much, much better than the Harbor Freight unit.

Great price and it looks in great shape too. If you do tires every year or so, I would get it. WAY better than Harbor Freight, not even in the same league. That's way over $1000 of stuff you are looking at.

Spoke to him after speaking with SWMBO🤣 and it’s mine.
I guess when I get around to using it, I’ll have figure out how to mount it.
Rent so don’t know if landlord will let me drill anchors into our patio.
I’ve seen some use a tow-hitch attachment but don’t want to put a hitch on my car, just for this.
Has anyone welded up a base that’ll do?
I’ll figure something out.

Spoke to him after speaking with SWMBO🤣 and it’s mine.
I guess when I get around to using it, I’ll have figure out how to mount it.
Rent so don’t know if landlord will let me drill anchors into our patio.
I’ve seen some use a tow-hitch attachment but don’t want to put a hitch on my car, just for this.
Has anyone welded up a base that’ll do?
I’ll figure something out.

I bolted abour a 2' x 6' 3/4 ply to my harbor freight. Just park a front tire on it. Works ok.

Gary Mazzola had his no-mar at national s and he had his attached to a steel plate.

I didn't make it to the tire changing demo to see how it worked but it seemed to be secure.

HTH

I bolted my HF tire changer to the floor using Redhead drop in anchors into holes drilled into the concrete floor.

I can remove or install the tire changer in a couple minutes as needed using standard 1/2 bolts.

I modified threaded inserts to plug the holes to keep junk out of the holes in the floor when not installed.

Links:

Inserts

Insert Setting Tool

IMG_3763.JPG

HFTC_4.jpg

IMG_6088.JPG

As mentioned above I mounted mine this way. I needed to make mine semi-portable around the garage. I didn't want to dedicate space exclusively for a changer only. Weld nuts in the appropriate pattern on the plate, then bolt the changer with a jam nut to secure. The weight of your body standing on the plate keeps the changer from moving or turning.

Attachments

• no mar mount 1.jpg
    no mar mount 1.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 74
  • no mar mount 2.jpg
    no mar mount 2.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 67