• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

not a CDA but an MDA

rknight68

Tricycle
It wasn't on a connie (that won't be ready till spring) but on my 82 xj750 I was crossing a low water concrete slab on a slight lean at 5MPH and the bike went out from under me. The result was a broken radial bone, dislocated distal radial ulnar joint. I now have 6 screws, a plate, and a crazy thumb. The bike got a new turn signal lens cover and a new mirror. Think I'll get the crash bars from murph for the connie!

Maxim or Seca 750? I had a Yamaha XJ750J Maxim that was a pleasure to ride. It had adjustable handlebar and footpegs, nice suspension, as well as shaft drive. I was kinda hoping to find a Seca 750 but couldn't find one. :-( I really do miss that bike! Sorry to hear about the crash but hopefully with the assistance of all the hardware in your arm you will make a speedy recovery. Did the MD tell you that the metal in your arm is going to come out at a later date? Take care. Before you know it spring will be right around the corner.

Holy moly, that's a lot of damage for such a low speed. My best friend from high school's mother slipped and fell on the stairs on her deck. There were only two stairs and the drop was less than 3 feet but she fell in such a way that she broke her leg in 28 places. They had to install a titanium rod and literally tie the pieces of bone around the rod to put them back together. Still, that was several years ago and you'd never guess it seeing her today. Medical science has come a long way with no sign of slowing yet. :) Spring time's comin' and your biggest problem with Connie is going to be figuring out how far from home you are when you head out on a mystery ride. :)

It's amazing the damage that water can do when U tangle w/ it & man that had to hurt??? ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It 09 Triumph Sprint ST aka The Phantom 05 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Warrior aka Black Widow

yeah, i can't imagine what that felt like. were you wearing any protection? not really sure how much the tip over bars would help with that as i've been told by many that they aren't crash bars