• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Not being notified of new posts in CDA area

ghabel

I'm not being sent a notification/email when new posts are added to the CDA area.
I had the notification on; didn't get any.  Turned it off, didn't get any.
Any ideas?

Hummm

Not sure why that would be.
Are you being notified on other boards/sections?
Please subscribe to one and let me know.

Colin

The only section I'm subscribed "notify" to is the CDA area to help me admin/award CDAs.
I'll add myself to another and see what happens.
I had subscribed to see if I had replies on this message but never got an email letting me know you posted a response. 
No one else having this?
Thanks Colin.
Greg.

Just checked.  I'm already subscribed to a few other areas on the forum.  No notifications yet.
Could Verizon be blocking?

habelsgtb said:
Just checked.  I'm already subscribed to a few other areas on the forum.  No notifications yet.
Could Verizon be blocking?

Could it be that the web address has changed and you need to add it to your allow file?

I think I have this figured out now.
Once you get an email notification, the email clearly states that if you do not go look at the topic/area you subscribed to be notified on, you will not get future notifications.  Quite possible I didn't go look at the topic that I was subscribed to.
Human error!

Seems bad to me. Seems like if you subscribe that it should send them to you, until you unsubscribe. Or people quit posting in that topic.

yeah that could mean a bunch of email. What if you are away on business for a few days and cannot check, etc. One one hand it means your inbox could be filled with messages about lots of posts in a topic. But on the other hand its seems like it decides for itself that you must not be interested and stops sending you notifications. Not sure I agree with its decision making process.

I subscribed just to see what happen for me.  I got 1 notification for all the posts that came through yesterday.  Maybe it only shows you the first new one and not every new one.