• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nubble Light - Maine Ride - Sat Sept 19th - Beauty

ghabel

On Saturday Sept 19th I had the pleasure of hosting the scheduled Nubble Light ride after AAD Kevin Martin got a last minute flat tire a couple of days before the ride. Using the download of the GPS route I was able to conduct the ride. Kevin was able to mount his new tires and meet us up in NH at one of the scheduled stops. It was a beautiful day for riding weatherwise. The scenery and company were most excellent. I want to thank Bob Watkins, Tom Edwards and Kevin Martin for providing radio communications throughout the ride. We encountered some interesting obstacles along the way and the communication was able to get us through it without too many hastles. Thank you to all the 14 attendees who made the ride; always memorable. :) Hope to see you again on the Mount Greylock ride in October. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

What's a nubble, you ask?
Nubblelight.jpg
Make your own parking lot.........
cogatnubble.jpg
I had a great time on my first group ride ever - thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Brian, Thanks for posting some pictures. It was nice to meet you and your girlfriend on your first COG ride. Looking forward to seeing you on upcoming rides and events. More opportunities to learn about the bike and the friendly people who ride them! Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z

Hi Greg- I'm looking to put communication on my C14.. what does everyone seem to use? I was thinking one of the FRS Radios and a Starcom.. Sounds like a great ride BTW

Ed, I run an Autocom but I do hear good things about the StarCom. On the ride we were running FRS/GMRS radios; channel 7, scramble digit 0. With a large group of riders we do tend to push the limits of the radios especially when we have bike separation of 1 mile or so between the front and rear. Key is a good set of batteries, good position of the radio, and an uncluttered channel. The communication is very helpful for the lead, trail, etc. It can get to be too much if too many people are talking (eg if everyone on the ride had a radio and were talking). Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z