• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW Cascade Loop Ride.

The Ride is scheduled for Saturday 18th September. I guess as I'm the organizer I had better start planning it hadn't I :) Given that Hwy 2 is a dogs dinner in the afternoon most likely we will meet in Monroe for Breakfast ride over Hwy2 to Leavenworth, north to Winthrop then Darrington and back down to Monroe. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions feel free to send them my way. Its about a 400 mile round trip. No Freeways, beautiful scenery and roads. Most likely meet for breakfast at 7:30, and clutch out at 8:15 so we have a clear run over the pass.

Sep 18th? Now I'm bummed. I will be in San Diego on that day, where my son will have graduated from U.S. Marine Corp Basic Training the day before. At least I'll be able to see the California coast.

Good call on Highway 2. Straight into the sun and stop and go traffic for 20 miles getting into Monroe. Sat evening wont be as bad as a Sunday, but still brutal. The 11th would work better for me. I am supposed to be in Portland the 18th.

Ok I updated the ride info on the Calender, sorry that some can't make it. Lets meet at the Hitching Post in Monroe for Breakfast. This is an official COG Event so I move the thread to the correct category Cheers Colin

Darn. Thanks anyway. Starting in Monroe doesn't work for me. Picky me LOL. Don't like the traffic on 2 (or 90). I do the route coming back over US 12. Have a GREAT ride.

10+- min video from The Gorge Dam reservoir to a little past the Ross Lake trail head. on the highway 20 end of the loop Can you tell I got a new camera? <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVg8I_eHiyI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVg8I_eHiyI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Maybe... after coming over White Pass and up 97. I can hook up with the group in Leavenworth, Wenatchee ..or? Or: If the group is having lunch at Winthrop.