• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW Ride to Eat!

enumclaw

I know many of you will not read this until you get back from Shasta, nevertheless how about a ride to eat the Saturday after your return? :thumbs: Saturday, September 26, 2009. I would like to propose a Ride to Eat lunch at Miner's in Yakima, WA. If you have not eaten a Miner burger, you have not had one of the finest burgers to be had anywhere. If you have, then you know it's a good excuse for a ride! Here's a review I found quickly on a Google search: http://www.flickr.com/photos/svensk/sets/531498/ This is the best $10 or so burger meal to be had! I grew up in Yakima, and many a Miner burger has passed my lips, and many more will before I am through! :D I think this would be a great chance to meet and greet some more COGgers from the region. Centrally located in Washington, close enough for some of youse Oregon and Idaho yahoos too! I'm planning on posting this on the stromtrooper as well, so hopefully we'll get a big turnout either way. I plan to leave my house in Enumclaw no later than 9:30am, about 3 or 4 hours later than I would normally like to leave for a day ride, but I figure if anybody from the west side wants to meet up and travel over Chinook Pass together, you can get to my place after 8:30. I'll have coffee and such. It generally takes me a tad more than 2 hours to ride to Yakima from my place, so we'll get over there well before the 1pm meet. Having grown up over there, I know of a few roads in the area we can kill some time on. Plus, I plan on hitting a favorite fruit stand and filling the bags with some fresh corn and (hopefully) fresh apples. Not to mention stopping a bit for pictures along the way. I want to head out from Miner's by 2:30 or so. I plan to ride south to Goldendale, west toward Klickitat Canyon, etc., eventually heading north past Mt. St. Helens. I don't want to be too late getting home (read, ideally before dark), that's the reason for heading out reasonably early from Miner's. Anybody up for it? 8)

I might be able to make it, but I'd have a problem deciding which bike to ride. I can't ride both. ;p

The ride over looks good. The route back via Goldendale, Klickitat, etc seems long enough, and will be slow enough I wonder if it gets back before dark. It will be a great ride. Its a great route. Just thinking it should start earlier or be ran when the days are a bit longer. 2003 Concours, 56K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Hey you guys from the Washington Area know Appleton and Timber Valley, Washington? ----------------------- Brent Johnson CDA# 0304 AMA# 1046574 COG# 8402 SF Bay Area California 2009 C-14 "Razzi" 1988 Red Concours "Ruby" www.mrpepsi.com/razzi

Ak! I was planning on dirt bike riding next Sat, but if that falls flat I may well take the ride. We had a blast last year, though lunch could have come sooner LoL Those wanting to attend please make sure you register via the event posted on the NW Calender so as Rob knows who is coming. Thanks! CP Colin Prior COG IT Director Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764 ROK#20000617
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Enumclaw provided us with a great ride today. The breakfast at his house was really good. Pancakes and fruit. How can you beat that. The trip over Chinook was as good as ever and we moved a good spritly speed. After we arrived at Naches we got a tour of the orchards around the area and the roads were fantastic. Now for the best part, Miner's in Yakima did not let us down. The Burgers were as good as ever and they give you way to many fries. We had seven Wee Stroms and two C-10's. Dan and I did are best to represent COG although after the two fellow showed up from Vancouver on the Stroms we didn't look two good. Again, Thanks Rob for the great ride.

Brent, I've been all over the state of Washington and never have heard of either Timber Valley or Appleton. Can you give me an idea where they are. Thanks,

Thanks to Rob for getting some of us out riding. Very good burger at Miner's. Great day Rob. I had a different route home than expected due to the fading sun. We split up after Miner's in Yakima in solo and splinter groups. After blowing an hr at McD;s in Goldendale reading the tacoma paper I brought along and having an iced mocha coffee it was 4:30. Taking the mtn route in shadows thru the Mt St Helen area and ensuing darkness made me conservative enuf to change my route. So I took 141 south of Trout Lake and then hwy14 to I-5 slabbing it home. The (thought of) deer made me do it! Enjoyed all the riders company today. 500 miles total for me

Appleton WA, north of the Columbia Gorge off hwy 141, Klickatat County. Maybe a rest stop on the 2009 Volcano Ride? Will have to check it out as far a services. http://www.a2zgorge.info/towns/appleton.htm