• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OEM shock replacement

pilotct

Bicycle
Guys, while waiting for my new Nitron rear shock I set about to remove the OEM shock. With the bike on the center stand I removed the bolts but when I did the rear went to the ground. My question is do I need to support the shaft drive or is it OK that weight is on the rear wheel?

The books says it'll be fine. (as in it doesn't mention having to support it.) I'm waiting for the Penske...

That’s what I thought too since the service manual doesn’t mention it. I just put a scissors jack underneath just in case.