• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ohio ideas for this season

Waldo…..
for the world’s best fried baloney sandwich
don't tell the folks down in Marietta that....

I have had both. I have no preference. Waldo is easy for me to get to from my son in law's in Delaware. Marietta is over by my other son in law's from where he lives in Glouster. Kind of a toss up for me but I will keep an eye out as I try to ride over that way from IN as often as I can. Athens and the Hocking Hills are just too hard to pass up.

As it gets a little warmer more consistently, I will give a heads up with enough lead time I hope when I head out.

This guy says SR 555 got repaved in 2022. Thats good news because it's been unrideable for years. And he is correct about the quickly fading away corners just over a sharp rise, there are several. He neglected to mention SR78 from SR 800 to Nelsonville.

Adding this on behalf of Dean Westermann:

Michigan events close to the border FYI:

Stockbridge, Mich All Brands Day May 7th & Sept 17th

Brits at Fort Meigs (british bikes & car show) Perrysburg , Ohio

This guy says SR 555 got repaved in 2022. Thats good news because it's been unrideable for years. And he is correct about the quickly fading away corners just over a sharp rise, there are several. He neglected to mention SR78 from SR 800 to Nelsonville.

THanks for posting this. My wife is from over (down) there. Girl could rail her bikes over 78, 278, 93, 56 and any other road over there. Not sure she could sray with you but when I was still getting into riding she regularly pushed all of us to try and catch her. 555 was pretty bad. One of her relatives owns a gas station out in the middle of nowhere on 555 and maybe where it crosses 78.

The store I've stopped at is where 37 and 555 cross. Nice little store with Sunoco gas. I believe it's in Malta, but the map doesn't mention that. It takes me over 2 1/2 hrs to get there, just to start getting into the good stuff, thats why i typically head south to Kentucky for a day ride. But i will have to check out the new pavement. She had it made growing up in the area.