• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ohio tech session in planning stages-thoughts?

Strawboss

COG member Joe Vincek of Brunswick OH which is about 20 miles south of Cleveland has asked me to help him organize a tech session for Ohio. He has an awesome garage with lots of space, two bike lifts, tools of all kinds and is knowledgeable in many areas. I'm posting this now as a way to gauge interest and see if this is possible. Obviously a Saturday or Sunday I'm thinking in August or early September would be best, but which day for the most people? Give me some thought here and we can decide if we can do this. Thanks.

I'm in Brunswick myself.  A Sunday would work better for me, I'm usually working on Saturdays.  Not sure what I need to do though, lol.  Need to find some stuff to wrench on now.  :motonoises:

Well sharp you and 58 others have viewed this, you and MOB were the only ones to respond, I'm not going to do much more till I hear a little more feedback as I'd like a few more people than 2 at a session. I'm sending you a PM sharp.

Pick the date I will attend. Saturday would be best but Sunday will work also. I will even bring racks of ribs if you have the grill.

Strawboss said:
Well sharp you and 58 others have viewed this, you and MOB were the only ones to respond, I'm not going to do much more till I hear a little more feedback as I'd like a few more people than 2 at a session. I'm sending you a PM sharp.

Don't sweat it, sometimes these things take a little poking to get going.  I know on some of my car forums people start banging their heads over the same topic.  Maybe some kind of local get together and ride so people can meet each other before going to a wrenching session. 

I would attend either day (Sat. or Sun) and would be riding up from the Columbus area.  Don't have much work to perform, but would kick tires and meet and greet you all.

Sorry, 67 views and 4 interested guys is not enough for me for the work involved to do a tech session. I thought there would be a bit more interest and at least response from the whole state of Ohio at least. Sorry, just reality that's all. I've done one but its been awhile and its a lot of work and planning and time and effort and some money, and for me to be planning this for someone else is even more work and time and planning and phone calls. I'd be up for a meeting and a ride, kind of an impromptu type of get together, where no matter how many are there is no problem, but not a tech session.

Strawboss said:
Sorry, 67 views and 4 interested guys is not enough for me for the work involved to do a tech session. I thought there would be a bit more interest and at least response from the whole state of Ohio at least. Sorry, just reality that's all. I've done one but its been awhile and its a lot of work and planning and time and effort and some money, and for me to be planning this for someone else is even more work and time and planning and phone calls. I'd be up for a meeting and a ride, kind of an impromptu type of get together, where no matter how many are there is no problem, but not a tech session.

Don't give up the ship just yet Dave!
I used to get discouraged from the MichCOG response, but set the date & they will arrive... just have to roll w/ the punches..
Yep, sometimes it seems like it ain't worth it, but it all works out in the end...:great:

No, I've got too much stuff to do this time of year, as I said, its not even at my place, which complicates things greatly. It was a good idea at the time sitting around having a few beers, but if it isn't confirmed by about May 1st or so, I got stuff going on, other folks have things going on, weddings, graduations, vacations. No, a better idea would be to have a meeting place and have a ride then all you do is plan a few roads and have a good time. I wanted to sound it out see if there was any interest and how much. Maybe next year.