• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

oil in my radiator

billybob

Big Wheel
Finally, joined cog, i r&r my shifter and supports the next day i go for a ride when i noticed oil and antifreeze mix coming out my radiator overflow checked radiator it is full of oil and water what happened? 92 connie 60000 miles

BillyBob Thats not so good! Pretty much only 2 ways this can happen, either the water pump seals are gone or you have a leaking head gasket. I personally have never heard of a head gasket leaking on a connie, but its possible. What's a bit confusing is that when thew water pump seal goes it typically leaks the cooling fluid or oil out of the small weep hole on the water pumps drive shaft casing. Is there any cooling fluid in the oil? A compression test will help determine if the head gasket is leaking.

No watet iin oil. Bikeran fine on the trip home. I removed water pump the empeler or fins seem to wiggle alot but this may be normal. Tryin to understand where to apply red locktite to which seal. Any help would be appreciated.

I would thing crank case pressure would keep any water at the water pump from getting into the oil but hey I know nothing. tech-ed@cog-online.org if someone does not come along here and help. Those tech guys are always in the garage playing and not on the forum :p Photos[/url]