• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Olympia motoquest

FTB530

Anyone wearing one of these jackets?
Pros-Cons
How is the camel back?
Weight of full camel back a problem?

FINALLY!

I have the MotoQuest jacket and pants. I love the jacket. I can't seem to get used to the weight of the camelback when its full but it usually takes me very little time to empty it. The weight is not excessive, I'm just not used to having something hanging on my back while on the bike. The jacket has TONS of vents and most are easily opened and closed while riding, (some will take a little practice). Cooling airflow is very good. I love the easy zip out liners for cooler/warmer transitions. I have only used the outer rain gear once but it worked very well.
Matt

mattchewn said:
FINALLY!

I have the MotoQuest jacket and pants. I love the jacket. I can't seem to get used to the weight of the camelback when its full but it usually takes me very little time to empty it. The weight is not excessive, I'm just not used to having something hanging on my back while on the bike. The jacket has TONS of vents and most are easily opened and closed while riding, (some will take a little practice). Cooling airflow is very good. I love the easy zip out liners for cooler/warmer transitions. I have only used the outer rain gear once but it worked very well.
Matt

Thanks for the reply ,I tried one on yesterday ,xl seemed a little snugg and 2x seemed loose, afraid if inremove liners 2 x would be huge ,Matt did you fid a pricebcheaper then $549?
Probably going to order one anyway.

FTB,
I paid 550 for mine. Didn't love the price but I feel very safe in the gear. Hi Vis of course. I have used the camelback a few times and I have started to adjust to the weight of it on my back so it is less of a bother than it was. I have a 2xl and it is a little loose with the liners out. Fortunately for me, I have a higher internal thermostat so I switch right from liners to a mesh jacket come April. I have Klim Induction mesh gear as well. My MotoQuest had just enough room to squeeze in my Gerbings Heated jacket when the temps dictate it.
Matt

Thanks Matt, the place I tried the jackets on was a BMW dealer and I am about 50 miles from them ,called and asked the price again and they guy told me $485 , ,cheaper then I can get anywhere else,probably head up later today to get a jacket.

Matt have not pick it up yet,  but hoping to today or tommorrow, all the reviews I have read including  yours have helped me decide to get it for sure ,pants later I think.

FTB530 said:
Matt have not pick it up yet,  but hoping to today or tommorrow, all the reviews I have read including  yours have helped me decide to get it for sure ,pants later I think.

Please take pictures of it and post them for us so we can see.  Thanks.

SilverConnieRider said:
FTB530 said:

Please take pictures of it and post them for us so we can see.  Thanks.

SCR,I have not figured out(have not tried)how to post pictures on the forum yet, the Olympia Motoquest Jacket is nice, I should have bought it when I was trying them  on,but I am a tightwad and thought I could get it cheaper online,can not find it online for the price the store quoated me.

Mattchewen, i picked up the motoquest jacket and have ridden with it a few times,so far only the outer shell with all vents open,70s temps, i think i will be looking for a lighter jacket with more air flow for summer riding.  I am happy wih the jacket and it seems to be good quality.

FTB,
Look into the Klim Induction Mesh if you want airflow. This thing is the bomb! I bought mine in Cortez last year and wow does it keep me cool!
Matt

mattchewn said:
FTB,
Look into the Klim Induction Mesh if you want airflow. This thing is the bomb! I bought mine in Cortez last year and wow does it keep me cool!
Matt

Matt I will look into that if I buy another bike.

Just reading this thread I am looking at my Motoport Mesh and feeling happy I fnally took the plunge. The air flows through that stuff so much I tell my wife it is like wearing a screen door. She is amused by the fact that I am always putting on an extra layer underneath these days. Basic jacket was just over 5 and adding the hydration and an emergency info patch was extra. For the cost I am a bit ashamed I did not pull the trigger earlier. I now have a closet full of gear I will never wear again. Getting ready to sell all of it as I will never wear anything else again If I can help it. My Warm n Safe jacket gets used frequently under 65 degrees as it is too cold to ride without it even though most the time I am  using it without plugging in just to break the wind.

I am so stupid for looking at this stuff for 4 years and not pulling the trigger. Now it is done and I am not gonna go back to anything else if I can help it.

freebird6 said:
Just reading this thread I am looking at my Motoport Mesh and feeling happy I fnally took the plunge. The air flows through that stuff so much I tell my wife it is like wearing a screen door. She is amused by the fact that I am always putting on an extra layer underneath these days. Basic jacket was just over 5 and adding the hydration and an emergency info patch was extra. For the cost I am a bit ashamed I did not pull the trigger earlier. I now have a closet full of gear I will never wear again. Getting ready to sell all of it as I will never wear anything else again If I can help it. My Warm n Safe jacket gets used frequently under 65 degrees as it is too cold to ride without it even though most the time I am  using it without plugging in just to break the wind.

I am so stupid for looking at this stuff for 4 years and not pulling the trigger. Now it is done and I am not gonna go back to anything else if I can help it.
I thought the motoport was out ofmy budget, but ended up paying close to the price of the basic jacket anyway for Olympia brand, i read all about the Motoport stuff and reviews, but I need to see something before I buy it ,underwear to motorcycle, if/when I buy a bike again I will look at a Motopprt before I spend more money on another brand.

FTB530 said:
I thought the motoport was out ofmy budget, but ended up paying close to the price of the basic jacket anyway for Olympia brand, i read all about the Motoport stuff and reviews, but I need to see something before I buy it ,underwear to motorcycle, if/when I buy a bike again I will look at a Motopprt before I spend more money on another brand.

Yeah that is what pissed me off ....4 years I wasted waffling. Should have just pulled the trigger when I saw Laketrax jacket at an Ohio tech day years back