• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ooops - Smiley Problem

colinp386

Looks like I messed things up with adding new smiley's

I'm working on it now!

Normal service will be resumed shortly!

Colin

Your Killing me Dave!

I'm getting there the Tequila's from last week have killed a few brain cells!  :eek:

Ok so this is now fixed, But I do need to get some input about the new smiley sets and how best to use them.

Look for a new post in the Website News Section shortly

:sign0096:

This what I see when I open the extra smiley window and add them to a message.

:s_good: :bravo_2: :32: :wee_hee: :s_hi: :deadhorse: O:) :banghead: :violent-smiley-007: :victory: C:) :celebrate: :88: :lol_hitting: :33: :beer: :sign0023: :iagree: :You_Rock_Emoticon: :sign0103: :sign0085: :sign0081: :stupid: :sign0104: :sign0144: :sign0135: :sign0151: :sign0099: :pDT_Armataz_01_37: :sign0098: :sign0024: :spam: :sign0137: :105: :sign0096: :72: :57: :85: :08: :25: :86: :73: :19: :96: :c029: :29: :s_laugh: :67: :engel016: :s_bye2: :a102: :NIGHT_1: :c002: :38: :happybirthday3: :13: :great: :34: :bedtime2: :051bye: :breakcomp: :party0036: :111: :015: :wtf: :sleepy: :bluegrab: :dance: :king: :1rij: :coffee2: :smiley_confused1: :043: :098: :cheer: :dink: :ecomcity: :character0029: :017: :17: :steeringwheel: :hee20hee20hee: :beta: :49: :Woot_Emoticon: :021: :sign0066: :welcome: :06: :singing: :a035: :a012: :103: :hum: :friends: :confuse:

Also the Angry smiley in the regular list is not working correctly.  It displays as the word instead of the smiley in the list and clicking on it gets the following symbol.  :mad:

Yeah it seems the fantastic smiley set is not yet set as the default. OR setting that to the default is not working. when changing my setting I see all the smileys above that COG-528 posted. But as the default only 3 of them show.

Ok its too late for me to look at this now. Let me see what I can figure out tomorrow

Colin :bedtime2:

Ok I see what you mean, my profile was set to use fantastic. Once I changed to default I saw the issue.

The system default is set to Fantastic, so I don't know yet why it's not sticking.
I'll take a look this evening as I have other hopefully paying work to do today  ;)

C.

Can we get an appropriate :rotflmao: one? I type that one automatically. It is a hard habit to break. :rotflmao:

Oops...

;D

Colin said:
Ok I see what you mean, my profile was set to use fantastic. Once I changed to default I saw the issue.

The system default is set to Fantastic, so I don't know yet why it's not sticking.
I'll take a look this evening as I have other hopefully paying work to do today  ;)

C.

Is that fantastic thing something us regular users can set? I couldn't find it in my profile.

Vic Salisbury said:
Colin said:

C.

Is that fantastic thing something us regular users can set? I couldn't find it in my profile.

Try - profile - account settings - modify settings - look and layout - then chose the new set.

OK I think I fixed the problem, it was related to needing to set a flag in the Theme we are using as well as in the Smiley Settings.

Now if you select the default theme you should get the Fantastico Smiley set.

Vic you probably were logged in when I was playing around and caught the system when I removed the option for users to select smiley sets.

Enjoy!  :-*

Ps 2linby go boil yr ead son! LoL

BigJoeVA68 said:
Can we get an appropriate :rotflmao: one? I type that one automatically. It is a hard habit to break. :rotflmao:

Oops...

;D

I like the roll on the floor laughing guy. It and the popcorn guy are big favorites with me. they would be cool as a choice!

Ah, dummy me, I didn't notice the second set of "tabs" that come up when you go into the account settings.
I was looking in the "body" of my profile or a button at the bottom.

Now this is what I call a cool set of smileys. 8)  I may actually stop using smileys from other forums and instead use these smileys in those other forums.
490.gif
Okay, may be not.
Best-friend-smiley.gif

Fine job as usual Colin. 

Don't know how you can stay down in Mexico.  Don't your sinuses dry up and your skin turn brown?  I hear that there is this big ball of light in the sky also.  Is it true? What do they call it?

The Dude said:
Fine job as usual Colin. 

Don't know how you can stay down in Mexico.  Don't your sinuses dry up and your skin turn brown?  I hear that there is this big ball of light in the sky also.  Is it true? What do they call it?

It's tough Dude, but someone has to do it!
There is a tequila flood down there and I have volunteered to drink it down!  :party0036:

Yes the ball in the sky is responsible for my skin turning brown  erh red LoL

I'm back now but still burnt :(

OK OK the smileys are fun. I give in!  :bravo_2:
Colin has been a little busy with my calls on the C10 carbies!  :tool:  Thanks Colin!  :You_Rock_Emoticon:  Bike is running fine.  >:D

Colin said:
The Dude said:
Fine job as usual Colin. 

It's tough Dude, but someone has to do it!
There is a tequila flood down there and I have volunteered to drink it down!  :party0036:

Yes the ball in the sky is responsible for my skin turning brown  erh red LoL

I'm back now but still burnt :(