• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OtP Voting

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
Hi Everybody, I noticed the North Central Area didn't have a thread devoted to OtP voting, so I thought I would start one to ensure everybody knew what was going on and what to do.  Just trying to help, you know...... ;D

How to Vote:

EZ to do;
  Send a Note to; Dave Scott  OtP Jr Slave Labor/Vote-Bean "Counter"
              Address;  COGOTPVoting@yahoo.com
                    Title;  OtP Vote Note.

When a member votes; "include you name/COG Number".
  When a member "and" an Associate member Vote; "Include Both Names/COG Numbers".
  If Significant others, Forum Subscribers, or Non-members vote: "Include your name, date/amount you Donated"

Votes (without names/information),,, will not be counted!

So when you vote, make sure to put your name and COG number on your ballot.  If you're not a dues-paying member, make sure you fulfill the requirements to have your vote counted.  And most important of all make sure you cast your vote for Charlie Gary.    :))

How to Vote:

EZ to do;
                    Title;  OtP Vote Note.

If Significant others, Forum Subscribers, or Non-members vote: "Include your name, date/amount you Donated"

So when you vote, make sure to put your name and COG number on your ballot.  If you're not a dues-paying member, make sure you fulfill the requirements to have your vote counted.  And most important of all make sure you cast your vote for
Charlie Gary.    :))
[/quote]

North Central COG Nation:

Please vote for the candidate that is from the North Central area Chris Baum!!!  I was the rally host for the 2006 National Rally in Hill City and have been a long time supporter of COG (17years) and the OTP!  Let's not let Charlie Gray who is from the Northwest area steal any votes from the North Central!!!

Chris_Baum_NE said:

Please vote for the candidate that is from the North Central area Chris Baum!!!  I was the rally host for the 2006 National Rally in Hill City and have been a long time supporter of COG (17years) and the OTP!  Let's not let Charlie Gray who is from the Northwest area steal any votes from the North Central!!!
Now Chris is a good guy and loyal COGger. No doubt about that. :beerchug: And Ol Charlie is a giver that just won't quit. :beerchug: BUT, I'm prettier and throwing the 2015 National in Cortez CO. C'mon down and I'll buy ya dinner on Thursday. Vote for me for OTP!  :)

Old Man on a Connie said:
Chris_Baum_NE said:

Now Chris is a good guy and loyal COGger. No doubt about that. :beerchug: And Ol Charlie is a giver that just won't quit. :beerchug: BUT, I'm prettier and throwing the 2015 National in Cortez CO. C'mon down and I'll buy ya dinner on Thursday. Vote for me for OTP!  :)

So if I vote for you you'll buy me dinner?  Do I actually have to vote for you, or just tell you I did? :)

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Chris_Baum_NE said:

So if I vote for you you'll buy me dinner?  Do I actually have to vote for you, or just tell you I did? :)
Damnit. Trumped again. Bastid.

Chris_Baum_NE said:

Come on, Chris, make a splash!  I dare you to do what I did and go into the NE or SE area and start a thread like this.  If you do, I'll come in behind you and try to bat cleanup on disrupting their happy solitude.  >:D
  Mark Hartman is going on vacation in desolation next week, so we can both go over into the SW area and wreak havoc.  What do you say?  :)) :great:

There is only one person to vote for in the North Central Area!!!!  Only 15 days left if you haven't voted yet!  Send your vote to;

Title;  OtP Vote Note.

So when you vote, make sure to put your name and COG number on your ballot.  If you're not a dues-paying member, make sure you fulfill the requirements to have your vote counted. 

[size=24pt]Chris Baum[/size]

Enjoy St. Patrick's Day, COG Nation!!

Chris_Baum_NE said:
There is only one person to vote for in the Northwest Area!!!!  Only 15 days left if you haven't voted yet!  Send your vote to;

Title;  OtP Vote Note.

So when you vote, make sure to put your name and COG number on your ballot.  If you're not a dues-paying member, make sure you fulfill the requirements to have your vote counted. 

Charlie Gary

Enjoy St. Patrick's Day, COG Nation!!

There's a very serious computer virus going around making posts for OtP voting and using names other than Charlie Gary.  It is my mission to correct these posts wherever I find them.

COG Nation.,

"ONLY 10 Days" left to vote.  Please vote for the North Central area "OTP" Candidate!  [size=24pt]CHRIS BAUM

COG Number:  COG #3088

Bike:  1986 Kawasaki Concours

Years in COG:  17 years and counting

National Office-Positions COG:  None yet

Events Put on for COG: 
2006 National Rally in Hill City, SD  (Rally Director)
2003 Kawasaki Plant tour in Lincoln, NE
2001 Kawasaki Plant tour in Lincoln, NE

COG Projects: 
Currently planning a COG rally in Nebraska similar to the “Two Bit Rally” hosted by Randy Bishop in Colorado.
Planning with the Nebraska AAD to host a Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas event this the fall.
Planning for future National Rally in the next 2-3 years

Other COG work: 
National Rally Volunteer  (2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2014)
Hosted Several COG members at our home over the years as they criss-cross the US.
Hosted:  David “Davo” Jones from Australia on his Coast-to-Coast Ride 2009
2012 Nebraska “OTP” BBQ at my home.
2012 “OTP” Baseball Minor League Baseball Night
2014 Nebraska “OTP” BBQ at my home.
2014 “OTP” Baseball Minor League Baseball Night

OTP participation: 
2007 Lodging Host  (Patrick de Maqueville)
2009 Lodging Host  (Wolfram Tege)
2012 Host and Guide (Bernd Neumann and Gie Lambier)
2012 “OTP” Donor Bike
2014 Host and Guide (Richard Reinker and Walter Jung)
2015 Riders of Kawasaki Magazine Article published about “OTP”
2004-15 Contributed to the “OTP” Traveler Donation Fund

COG National Rally Attendance:
1999 – “National 99 – Wisconsin
2000 – Continental Drift  (Participated in all 3 locations, Utah-Arkansas-Virgina)
2001 – “The Odyssey” Oregon
2002 – “Colorado, Canyons, & the Concours – Colrado
2005 – “Cascade Connection” – Washington
2006 – “High Plains Drifter” – South Dakota
2008 – “COG @ 10,000” – Colorado
2010 – “Follow the Alphabet Roads” – Wisconsin
2012 – “The No Bad Roads Rally” – Arkansas
2014 – “Silverdammit COG 25th Anniversary” - Tennessee

Other Riding Information:
Iron Butt Association (IBA):  #7474  SS-1000
2008 “Two Bit Rally” Runner Up 1st Time Division – Colorado
2005 BC 50/50 sponsored by David Marrow ride in British Columbia, Canada participant rider.
Have road my 1986 Concours in 33 different states so far.
2000 COG National Rally Continental Drift: One of approximately only 20 riders to participate in all three locations during this rally.

COG Nation,

Let me introduce myself a little to the membership and supports who are going to the vote for this year's "OTP". I have been a long time supporter of the "OTP"!!!  I have helped many of the GTR-EU riders as they have traveled to the USA to attend the COG National Rally over the years.  One of my goals is share my home, family and our common love for riding motorcycles with our GTR-EU friends. We have open up our home and have invited our GTR-EU riders to be part of our extended family while staying with us.  We have developed lifetime friendships and my two small kids often ask when are the next motorcycle riders going to visit. It has become part of our family tradition to host "OTP" riders whenever possible.  Maybe, one day I will get the chance to travel "over the pond" and see my EU friends and have a chance to ride in their home lands and get to meet their families!!

Thank you for letting me have a chance to share my passion for the "OTP" and my love of riding motorcycles!

Chris Baum

TLDR-

Summary:

Vote like this-

Title;  OtP Vote Note.

Now for the most important part- vote for

CHARLIE GARY

Vote early, vote often, and vote for charlie

Thanks for getting this thread going Charlie.
To all my friends in the North Central area that I see every year at the Spider ride, and in Duluth the last ten years; If you haven't taken the time to vote for one of us to go OtP, please take a minute to get that done. Of course, I'd be happy if your vote was for me, but it's all part of the process. Check out the body of work we've done for COG, make a decision, and send an email to cogotpvoting@yahoo.co, state in your email who you are voting for, and include your name & COG number. It's that simple
The SE area just held a wrenching session, and we collected $121.00 for the OtP fund. There are three more tech/wrenching session in other states, and we expect to be able to donate heavily from those sessions, as well as our three major rallies that are scheduled in the next few months. The SE area WILL be a big contributor to the fund.
Cast your vote for AL Norcross ( IronButtAl ) , and send the best representative from our club "Over the Pond"
Thanks all............

Really guys do multiple posts about trying to get elected really belong in this spot or all the other places I am seeing them. Take a step back a consider what this looks like to someone new to the site.

As an AAD I am pointing people to this spot to find out about events in this region.  I am sorry but in my opinion asking someone to vote for you does not fit that category.

Hello Jeff;
You asked: Really guys do multiple posts about trying to get elected really belong in this spot or all the other places I am seeing them.

I'll try to explain:
I'll start by asking you; (if you were a candidate) where you feel they should place the posts, how many posts are appropriate to win, and what would you post to get folks attention?

I'll follow by apologizing if it is overwhelming. It is all being done in good fun...
      (But there is a reason for the (seeming) madness)...

Try to follow the reasoning,,,
  For the past 13 years we've always spread word about Over the Pond on the Forums etc.
    This was done as the voting etc has to be done in a limited time period,,
          and the Forums are the best way to spread the word...

We instruct the Candidates to Campaign hard, seek votes any way they can, and have fun doing it..
If anyone here is at fault, It's me.. I gave them those instructions...

We are currently seeking votes for the OtP candidates. (Voting ends April 1)
  To be selected as the winner, they need votes
    They are seeking those votes and campaigning against one another...
          The best way they have to reach folks,, is to use the Forum.

Why in events??
    Over the Pond is a COG "event".   
    Thus a lot of the Campaigning is in COG Events

Why was it in North Central:
  One of the candidates is an AD from (I think) North Central and is seeking support from the COG members in his area.
    Other Candidates are AD's from other area's and they are seeking support from the COG members in their area.
        Other candidates are COG workers from all over the USA and are seeking support from the COG members in all area's...
          AND; To campaign against one another, they have to campaign against one another...

Bottom line; It won't be much longer and we will have a Winner selected.
                  Please put up with the stirring a bit longer.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Hello Jeff;
You asked: Really guys do multiple posts about trying to get elected really belong in this spot or all the other places I am seeing them.

I'll try to explain:
I'll start by asking you; (if you were a candidate) where you feel they should place the posts, how many posts are appropriate to win, and what would you post to get folks attention?

I'll follow by apologizing if it is overwhelming. It is all being done in good fun...
      (But there is a reason for the (seeming) madness)...

Try to follow the reasoning,,,
  For the past 13 years we've always spread word about Over the Pond on the Forums etc.
    This was done as the voting etc has to be done in a limited time period,,
          and the Forums are the best way to spread the word...

We instruct the Candidates to Campaign hard, seek votes any way they can, and have fun doing it..
If anyone here is at fault, It's me.. I gave them those instructions...

We are currently seeking votes for the OtP candidates. (Voting ends April 1)
  To be selected as the winner, they need votes
    They are seeking those votes and campaigning against one another...
          The best way they have to reach folks,, is to use the Forum.

Why in events??
    Over the Pond is a COG "event".   
    Thus a lot of the Campaigning is in COG Events

Why was it in North Central:
  One of the candidates is an AD from (I think) North Central and is seeking support from the COG members in his area.
    Other Candidates are AD's from other area's and they are seeking support from the COG members in their area.
        Other candidates are COG workers from all over the USA and are seeking support from the COG members in all area's...
          AND; To campaign against one another, they have to campaign against one another...

Bottom line; It won't be much longer and we will have a Winner selected.
                  Please put up with the stirring a bit longer.

Ride safe, Ted

:D I'm a pot-stirring s.o.b., so here goes-

How to Vote:

EZ to do;
                    Title;  OtP Vote Note.

So when you vote, make sure to put your name and COG number on your ballot.  If you're not a dues-paying member, make sure you fulfill the requirements to have your vote counted.  And most important of all make sure you cast your vote for Charlie Gary.    :))

I'll try to explain:

There should be and is a thread that is OTP Voting. That is where this and all the other madness should be. Last time I counted there were 12 separate threads related to OTP more than any other topic and it will takes months for them all to go away.  The comment I made was a reiteration from a new member who attended his first tech session last Saturday. He is new to the club and the posts of people campaigning mean nothing to him or any other outsider who comes to this site.

If this was any other topic the moderators would have moved the posts to their proper home long ago.

Yes it is almost over and like most elections I am sure the vast majority can not wait for the campaigning to stop. So maybe next time this can be done in a better way.

I agree. We can probably do better next year.  :great:
We will certainly try!

It's a learning,,, somewhere there is probably a proper location to put OtP stuff, (just not certain where that location is).

The intention is to spread the word.
  If a new Guy is asking about it,,, "he saw it"... <evil grin>  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

LSGiant said:
I'll try to explain:

There should be and is a thread that is OTP Voting. That is where this and all the other madness should be. Last time I counted there were 12 separate threads related to OTP more than any other topic and it will takes months for them all to go away.  The comment I made was a reiteration from a new member who attended his first tech session last Saturday. He is new to the club and the posts of people campaigning mean nothing to him or any other outsider who comes to this site.

If this was any other topic the moderators would have moved the posts to their proper home long ago.

Yes it is almost over and like most elections I am sure the vast majority can not wait for the campaigning to stop. So maybe next time this can be done in a better way.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

+1...

Way too excessive this year it seems IMO, I don't want to watch campaign commercials on tv etc, why the heck would I want to be bombarded by it here in my leisure place...  :(

:iagree: :goodpost: :sign0098:  Every single thread has a SUBJECT line. Read what the posting is about, if it interests you then continue into the thread. If it doesn't interest you (like VOTE FOR ME FOR OTP!) then continue on to another thread. It's really not complicated.

Ranger Jim said:
:iagree: :goodpost: :sign0098:  Every single thread has a SUBJECT line. Read what the posting is about, if it interests you then continue into the thread. If it doesn't interest you (like VOTE FOR ME FOR OTP!) then continue on to another thread. It's really not complicated.

Then why bother with categories, regional threads, or any of the headings we have set up on the site. Just page through post after post until you find a SUBJECT line that applies to you. BTW OTP in not a North Central Event.

Last post from me as this applies even less than the voting thread to this category.

You're correct, Jeff. OTP is not a UNIQUE to the North Central COG event, however, Chris Baum (candidate for OTP) IS a very active member from the North Central region and should be seeking votes in the section of the forum most likely to be seen by North Central membership. I'm genuinely disappointed in your (apparent) attitude about this.  ???  OTP is one of the several things that makes COG such a great club. It can serve as an incentive to get more people involved, foster relationships across regional lines and promote the club internationally.  No other club has/supports a program even close; not even (so-called) international clubs like BMWOA or GWRRA.

COG Nation and North Central Area Riders,

5 days left to vote for this year's "OTP" candidates!

[size=24pt]I need a break from riding the roads in Nebraska! I am looking for some roads that are twisty!!! Europe?

Please Vote. Chris Baum

Send a Note to; Dave Scott OtP Jr Slave Labor/Vote-Bean "Counter"
Address; COGOTPVoting@yahoo.com
Title; OtP Vote Note.
[/size]

Attachments

• 5135703659_4469438a4c_z.jpg
    5135703659_4469438a4c_z.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 91
  • raw.jpg
    raw.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 90