• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Over the Pond XIV / 2016 (the riding has started)

connie_rider

All, the planning for Anette's ride "Over the Pond" is done.
She's going to arrive at Lincoln Nebraska on June 13.

Thanks to all that helped make this trip possible!
The members of these 2 Clubs (COG and GCE) are GREAT!!!!

Below is the plan. Join her if you can..

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: My apologies to those (who offered to Host) that I did not include.
          We arranged all we could in the time she had available. :motonoises:
          (PS: approx. 3500 miles of riding)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Basic Route to the National:
            Lincoln Ne. to Nixa Mo. to Greenbrier Ark. to Brentwood, Tn. to Midway Tn. to Helen Ga.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/list/1/us/nebraska/lincoln-282040053/to/us/missouri/nixa-282039864/to/us/arkansas/greenbrier-282033996/to/us/tennessee/brentwood-282031062/to/us/tennessee/midway-283427995/to/us/georgia/helen-282036994
==============================================================================

June 12; This years OtP Winner/ {Anette Arrenberg} will arrive at the Lincoln Nebraska Airport
                    At the Lincoln Airport, Anette will be met by Chris and Steph Baum
                    Stay with Chris & Steph at their home. 
                  *(While there she will attend a COG BBQ, pick up her bike, do some riding, and attend a Rodeo).

June 16; Anette will depart Lincoln (with Chris) and ride towards Nixa Mo. (Near Springfield Mo.)
                  Meet  Ronnie Agostini at  Cabela's Kansas City, KS
                  Stay with Ronnie & Sandra at their home. 

June 17; Anette will depart Nixa (with Ronnie) and ride towards Greenbrier Ark.
                    Meet Cliff Burnette at;  Western Grove Arkansas
                    Possible Scenic Route; https://goo.gl/maps/4gBeAyQsTED2
                      Stay with Cliff & Jimmie at their home. 

June 18; Anette will depart Greenbrier (with Cliff and Jimmie) and ride towards Brentwood, TN
                    Meet Wesley Gammill at;  Hurricane Mills, TN
                    Stay with Wesley and Carley at their home.
                      *(While there she will attend the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville Tennessee.)

June 19; Anette will depart Brentwood (with Wesley) and ride towards  Midway Tn. (Near Nashville Tn.)
                    Meet Paul Frutiger at  Crawdaddy's West Side Grill 
                    Stay with Paul & Eleanor at their home. 

June 20 (Mon.) Anette will travel (with Paul) and ride to the COG National in Helen Ga.
                                        (Target arrival time (Helen) is before 4:00 PM)
                        Possible Scenic Route; https://goo.gl/maps/rXmpBuSma632
                  *(While there she will attend COG National, ride twisties, see sights, meet COGgers, & attend the COG banquet)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Phase 1 complete;

Basic "return" Route to Lincoln Nebraska:    
Helen Ga. to Bristol Va. to Lexington Ky. to Evansville In. to Foley Mo. to Lincoln Ne.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/ga/helen-282036994/to/us/tn/bristol-282031899/to/us/ky/lexington-282089847/to/us/indiana/evansville-282042050/to/us/mo/foley-282021956/to/us/ne/lincoln-282040053         
============================================================================ 

June 24; Anette will depart the COG National (with John Hoogewerf {Hoogie} and ride to Bristol Virginia.
              Possible scenic Route: https://goo.gl/maps/RiwwUSx3fd52

June 25; Anette will depart Bristol (with Hoogie) and ride to Lexington Ky.
              Possible scenic Route: https://goo.gl/maps/gd1XmHzT1sT2

June 26; Anette will depart Lexington (with Hoogie and Kevin) and ride to Evansville In. 
                *(Before departing Lexington Anette will attend a Thoroughbred Horse Show)
              Meet  Kevin and Virginia Myers at LaQuinta Inn after the horse show (Approx. noon), and ride with them to Evansville. 

June 27;
Anette will depart Evansville (with Kevin M.) and ride towards Foley Mo. (Near St Louis Mo.)
                      Meet  Kevin Cummings at Travel America.

June 28; Anette will depart Foley (with Kevin C.) and ride to Lincoln Ne.
                Arrive Lincoln on the 28th.
                Meet  Chris Baum at his home.
                Stay with Chris & Steph at their home.

June 29; Lincoln; Anette will rest and relax.
                  *(After resting,,, she will return the motorcycle, and see a baseball game)

June 30; (Sadly) Anette will depart USA and fly home.
Mission complete;

She's here!!!  :72:
Anette%2BArrives%2Bin%2BLincoln.jpg

Ranger Jim said:
Don't tell anyone I said so but Ted, you and Mike, ROCK! :You_Rock_Emoticon: :sign0098:

Don't forget Chris,,, and all the other Hosts  and contributors that are helping make this possible.
In other words... COG/GCE rocks.

But Mike and Chris are the main 2 that helped with the planning.

PS: Just talked to Anette on Skype.
      She has picked up the bike and did some riding.
      BBQ last night.
      Their adding GPS/etc now and will soon try to figure out how to get "all" her gear hung on the bike.
      Rodeo tonight...
    On the road tomorrow....

Ride safe, Ted

Great plan, :great:
great ride, :great:
great travel. :great:

I hope Anette have much fun, and a nice riding time :You_Rock_Emoticon:
and i want to see pictures, and videos if it is possible. :sign0098:

but note:

i'm worry that i cannot participe this OtP Travel about my healthness issue. :-\
some guys knows what happened:

i had an epileptical seizure three weeks before my flight departed. :banghead:
now the medicine man have forbidden to ride a motorcycle, drive a car, climb a ladder or swim alone for three months. :sign0024:

if no more seizure comes, and the medical examinations have no result, the ban will be lifted, and i can ride like before...  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Ralf, we'll definitely keep you posted on the ride.
Sad that you are not able to come too, but right now your health is more important.
Take care of yourself and maybe another year,,,, you'll get another chance.

Ride safe, Ted

thank you, Ted  :c017:

i have another project for one of the coming years: :)

i will ride the Saint John's pilgrim Way from my home to Santiago de Compostela and Cape Finisterre in Spain - with my Girlfriend Linda, her Buddy sabrina, and our (heavy tuned) 50cc Scooters O:) - more than 2500 kilometers one way :-\ :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

hey Ted, you're a flatlander - i am faster in the high mountain roads with my heavytuned 50cc (maybe 70cc) scooter than you wth Bernds "blue whale"  :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hee20hee20hee:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/13445777_968040173294135_7246217912993704873_n.jpg?oh=3bb4936cae88adff0f56160e433a08ff&oe=57D02D21&__gda__=1476263959_c24ead83e9b9f8e945476707fbbd815c

She's started her ride...

June 16; Anette will depart Lincoln (with Chris) and ride towards Nixa Mo. (Near Springfield Mo.) with Chris Baum.
                  Meet  Ronnie Agostini at  Cabela's Kansas City, KS
                  Stay with Ronnie & Sandra at their home.

June 17; Anette will depart Nixa (with Ronnie) and ride towards Greenbrier Ark.
                    Meet Cliff Burnette at;  Western Grove Arkansas
                    Possible Scenic Route; https://goo.gl/maps/4gBeAyQsTED2
                      Stay with Cliff & Jimmie at their home. 

June 18; Anette will depart Greenbrier (with Cliff and Jimmie) and ride towards Brentwood, TN
                    Meet Wesley Gammill at;  Hurricane Mills, TN
                    Stay with Wesley and Carley at their home.
                      *(While there she will attend the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville Tennessee.)

June 19; Anette will depart Brentwood (with Wesley) and ride towards  Midway Tn. (Near Nashville Tn.)
                    Meet Paul Frutiger at  Crawdaddy's West Side Grill 
                    Stay with Paul & Eleanor at their home. 

June 20 (Mon.) Anette will travel (with Paul) and ride to the COG National in Helen Ga.
                                        (Target arrival time (Helen) is before 4:00 PM)
                        Possible Scenic Route; https://goo.gl/maps/rXmpBuSma632
                  *(While there she will attend COG National, ride twisties, see sights, meet COGgers, & attend the COG banquet)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ride safe, Ted

Hey Ted - Do you know if Harry and Coty will be at the Nat'l? It would be a nice surprise for Anette.

See you in Helen, Anette rider!  Be safe - and enjoy our hospitality.  And don't forget - our speedometers are not KPH!

JPavlis_CA said:
Hey Ted - Do you know if Harry and Coty will be at the Nat'l? It would be a nice surprise for Anette.

I don't think they will be there.
Were here, a few weeks ago.
Got a note from them, but nothing recently...

Ride safe, Ted

the picture with Anette & the Vulcan 650 looks good...

it looks like this bike is the only right bike for her...

Anette's in Arkansas now, had a nice ride with her today. Wish you could have been Ralf, take care.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Attachments

• 20160617_141140.jpeg
    20160617_141140.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20160617_201523.jpeg
    20160617_201523.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 94
Has Anette got a hydro-pac to fill with ice and wear underneath her jacket?  That would help her a lot in dealing with the heat.  It would allow some air to circulate underneath the jacket and give her cold water to drink while riding.

Had the pleasure of hosting Anette on her way through Nashville this weekend.  Went to the Opry, which was a first for all of us, and had a nice ride on Sunday to meet Paul.

iNGTpZGcJshqsxATT3NcPKTg3cMWG-KhvVmXlwsC_AbP4v5az2VzTGUy1-g9dS_g6Lh6D_Mjugwem1m49PJnKp8ZyVHB0j_hKKEu8Xb_HgO28eUzZAph0ucEeb0CuTR_hrShA1BSqWaLDVRtetJ-nmdqhJtGQ3Eboxrg6DwuRLjfzJmzCtfHth6BzscdM9oQ9poGqJdHUbQlhPbi0kQ5CY6WCt-pwPlQjBRO7k5FY-F1Zb5Jz2ajsxl2F_cwtd5WaxTaCx0joneqn2nO-IS0fc3xywcQNxGVPLpIjEO6a1Ha1RO_SACZrvD7tySvoamFGihCKanQziWMroQiejroSDXCUNT_KmjnShAzDWORUEsmk56ut7hy6UW54iUYblNJIfsmmA83k-DXli-f-i4_GELk3AqSG2ZdRQRyRkC4iJEHqAC933YYh0OWU6stIfRBEOigNnaS7CUC3NqLhdoK8gj6vhD1ROMcrFOVbANr8VUuMR1KSHArxByBkGV-th40ssOT-ZFEbligHLWmKW4D3aNYVDsezS5fnLSK03wzkHSpWxgkt3aThyVtKdi3eicIk6G_ktsvnP61EtW91UVhJ1dJqQVvpxU=w717-h955-no

HOwLvxkIY86ZQuGZf38zgrYjvBjLnv3VA6EDyQQxVH_QdJtNgr-_u7z2mmYaQVWSfeTNUDUGxwdHX59J5SmUaB9txjnQNG0pwkoal4NMio9jcaaZkXegu9rgFrAEWwQcT7-x0p-jfNf-ZM5ndL-CBCJNIIv45W4PM-qmsvPSEz_LoYj2xuGcK6l_ndq42i4cgFlSnHCT7UoTzEEwBR5WKw13VFxxzCQHpjzGBjNX3FzpLOfSXRmh9mGrmTkiedTvWu3-qX1o_IQnPkh_tj7oD2ycn15n_RwLgA8WNubE9Xg_LbwfOIrma9em9KJopy6mMsju2IJFPBuTX3gloj7-PcYLWvNOMMqd2_B4CtQHsKtQF1q1aoTBtTDeBLKImbK5qp57bpIGZOXT4IzUWhnkK5u72VuKRb-pEz5jWI9cDvAdXzSsab3uAhzfqOzV9ZeVp_k1HoD8gqKV_zA139UUegnrDjUSbTCIJ2YBiCMxHskhCD-wuN-Se93qBQcLFCAS8wvjRG7gmFjfcwacEx34Xgv13vOe9m6vI7n8UHdf4dMuUcsjrvcw06xifd54XNomwvjE5hJ5-hbkUrHQeemb9YX-FOKqo_8=w1274-h955-no

Hi all.
I just arrived home from the National.
Been on the road, and haven't been near computer in 2 weeks.
After 6 months of working everyday to make this work out,,, it was quite a break!!
yahooooooo

I see that (again) we didn't see much from the traveler while they were here.
This is normal.
We've tried to find a way to get daily messages every year that we have done OtP.
Continues to be a problem, but that' s ok by me.

Because it means;
Anette (like all previous travelers) was busy riding and enjoying her trip.
  Wasn't banging away at a computer...
    So the posts are limited to what was easiest for her.
    NOTE: By posting on Facebook she actually posted far more than most previous travelers...

I talked to her on the day she left for home...
She said that; she had a great time and was sad to leave.
Already working on her article for the Concourier..

All of you that helped,,,, "YOU" make me proud to be a COGger...
Thanks to all that made this years OtP Possible!

Ride safe, Ted