• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

passenger peg lowering with full Area P system?

bowenc8484

Training Wheels
Does anyone know if you can use the any of the passenger peg lowering kits with a full Area P system?  I would like to have more room for my wife but the corner of the pipe looks really close...

Yes, you can lower the pass pegs and run an area P at the same time.  I have a stainless Area P for sale for $300 if you're interested.
Ronnie
cog4151@hotmail.com

I'm sorry I already have the full Area P system and love it.  It just looked like there wouldn't be enough room to do the lowering peg kit.  The stock pipe looks angled near the peg, the Area P isn't angled and closer to the peg.  I love my full system though, the guy I bought it from already had it installed.  Another question though,,, he didn't plug the kleen air valve and I have a lot of backfiring.  Does anyone know how to do this mod?  I heard it doesn't always fix it. 

bowenc8484 said:
I'm sorry I already have the full Area P system and love it.  It just looked like there wouldn't be enough room to do the lowering peg kit.  The stock pipe looks angled near the peg, the Area P isn't angled and closer to the peg.

I suspect fit will depend on which peg-lowering kit you choose. I've found four options, but only three work on the 2011 C-14. (The Motorcycle Larry passenger-peg lowering kit doesn't fit past 2011 unless you want to start cutting. Larry originally said he was going to produce a 2011 kit, but he's apparently reconsidered.) Other options either lower less, offset forward a bit more, or allow the installer to select a balance between forward offset and drop, because the piece that provides the drop locks into a variety of positions. I chose the Projekt-D kit, and it's great, but I can't say if it will work with the Area P system. I'm told it DOES work with the Two-Bros pipes.)