• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Peg Lowering Kit 2000 model

I just installed Motorcycle Larry's peg lowering kit for my 2000 Concours. The instructions are very light on lowering the shifter and the rear brake pedal. Anyone have e-mailanle detailed instructions for this, hopefully w/pictures? If not, a web site I can go print them from?

Joel Likely there is little written about this because adjusting pedal height is a rudimentary step in prepping your bike for you. It is usually covered in the owner's manual. I am not familiar with Motorcycle Larry's lowering kit, but assuming the dimensions are similar to the GenMar kit, there should be anough range of adjustment built in to the stock pedals so you'll be able to tweak them to your satisfaction. On the shifter, slacken both locknuts on the linkage bar, then rotate the bar either way until the desired height is achieved. Tighten both locknuts, being careful not to let the link bar rotate. The locknuts should be covered by little rubber boots which can be easily peeled back. Reposition the boots when done. For the brake pedal, there is a locknut on top of the clevis that links the brake pedal to the master cylinder actuation rod. Loosen the locknut and rotate the rod until the desired height is achieved. Again, tighten the locknut without rotating the rod. I have seen some extreme cases where the owners was just built funny and had to remove the entire brake pedal, take it to a welder/machinist, who cut the pedal halfway and re-welded it (yes, it is case aluminum and difficult to weld but it can be done) with a slight kink in it. About $30 worth of work. However, you SHOULD be able to get enough adjustment without such an extreme measure. It may help you visualize all this by going to the parts diagrams for your bike at Kawasaki.com. For the brake, go to page 54, Rear Master Cylinder. The clevis/rod assebly is part #43010. For the shifter, go to page 39, Gear Change Mechanism. The linkage bar is part #39110. Hope this helps.

I have the Murph's Knee Savers installed and on the brake lever, I removed some of the threaded stock from the top, allowing a more movement. Also, you won't need the lock nut on the brake side. :) Robert Elliott Cornelia, GA 2006 C10 COG # 7598 CDA#0293

Joel, am curious how it went for you with the peg lowering. I'm planning to install a set on my '06 this coming weekend. Mike Freeman COG# 8479 AMA# 998092 Present Beast(s): '06 Concours ("Iron Mistress") w/farkles: tank bra, fenda extenda, fairing flares, Shad top box; more to follow. My Connie's a work in progress... '89 Honda XR600 '07 Yamaha WR250 RIP: '82 Suzuki GS850G '74 Honda CB450K7 Regards,