• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Phoenix International Motorcycle Show Jan 2014

shezonit

Road Bike
I'm thinking of going to this. I've been to rallies, but never a "show". Any of you been to one of these?
If so, please tell me who goes, what is there, and why I should go??
I've pretty much got all the helmets, jackets, pants and boots. (Even if not one piece is KLIM)
And I'm not really in the market for another bike.  Maybe a 650 dual sport......

So why would I go and what could  I learn there? 
Are the demo rides worth it?  The only bike I am realistically curious about riding is a GL1800, but I don't think they'll let me take it out of town for some twisties.....

Good on you Mar. Here's the Old Mans Plans. Head down to PHX on Friday. Night out then the show on Sat. Back up to Prescott AZ for Sat night then home. To your question Mar, just to see new junk and hang with some fellow cyclists. Plus no telling what freebies you can pick up. I hear tell mam Kaw is offering test rides.

I plan on attending.  Have been to the Phoenix IMS several times.  Missed it the past few years when they quit that show.  I would like to demo the new C14 to see how it feels.  Mine is the original '08.  I plan on getting there Friday and for a while Saturday then head back to Alamogordo Saturday noon.  Get to ride over some of my favorite roads, over Emory Pass between Hillsboro and Silver City and then north a ways and over the pass to 3 Way, Globe and into Superior.
Of course this all depends on the weather.  So hard to predict.  Will decide a couple days before heading out.

I will be heading to the Progressive International Motorcycle Show January 25. We will be leaving the Prescott area between 9:00 & 9:30 when one of the guys gets off work. Route TBD, but probably Yarnell Hill.

Probably not all day,  we are flexible.

Were going to head down Friday and spend the night in PHX, hit the show in the morn and then head to overnight in Prescott to check out the rally central digs. Prolly be at the show till 3 or 4. I'll be the guy in the motorcycle gear  :))

RodWestphal said:
I plan on attending.  Have been to the Phoenix IMS several times.  Missed it the past few years when they quit that show.  I would like to demo the new C14 to see how it feels.  Mine is the original '08.  I plan on getting there Friday and for a while Saturday then head back to Alamogordo Saturday noon.  Get to ride over some of my favorite roads, over Emory Pass between Hillsboro and Silver City and then north a ways and over the pass to 3 Way, Globe and into Superior.
Of course this all depends on the weather.  So hard to predict.  Will decide a couple days before heading out.
Hi Rod- I was in your neighborhood in November. I stopped in Truth or Consequences for a hot springs soak.... And stayed 9 days!  Funky little town, with so many places to soak, good cafes.  When I left, I went over Emory Pass (gorgeous) to Faywood Hot Springs ( had 2 lovely pools all to myself) , then up to Silver City.  I took the southern route through Safford to Deming and north to T or C.

Shezonit, a great road from Silver City to Phoenix is north out of Silver to 78 West to Three Way. A really nice ride. Then boring til Miami and over the pass into Superior.

Okay, due to work schedules, we changed dates. We will be going Sunday now instead, sorry if anyone was planning on meeting us.

So, I plan to arrive at the stadium on Saturday morning (0930ish) to sign up for demo rides  :) and then wander aimlessly for a bit. anybody wanna set a meetup time (say at the Kawasaki exhibit)or just wing it and be a member of the anonymous mass of gawkers?

I went to this on Friday afternoon.
I couldn't really enjoy it because my little dog had to  - I can't even say it-- we had to let him go, and I just heard about it that afternoon. I went back home Saturday morning.

Kawi had a GREAT line up of demo bikes and an excellent display inside. I've always been partial to Hondas,and they had a good line up inside.  They have some interesting new models-- are they trying to somehow bridge the cruiser gap with the FB6, Valkyrie and CTX1300??
I had planned to ride the new Ninja 1000 and a V-Max. Did anyone?