• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Photo Link for 2016 BackYard Rally - and a Thank You from the Event Coordinator

face33

Sport Tourer
http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/cog2016national/library/?sort=2&page=1 - hundreds of pics and growing . . . Some amazing pics already there and thank you to BugNut for heading up the acton shots! Very cool!! Here's your photog; but there are many more.

Thank you again to all my friends for your support and smiles all week. It made the rally team's life much easier knowing you were enjoying yourselves. We enjoyed having you and I can speak for the rest of the green shirts when I say we had a great time as well.

I had a great time at camp, as we worked together to have great breakfasts and nightly fire parties.

I had a great time at rally central, setting up and announcing for different sessions, selling Lady Ts with lots of help, being there for Kurt, meeting and greeting with everyone I had never met before and saying hey to old friends. All the sessions were excellent and with good participation - Traxxion really came through, Steve's unvarnished truth about flashing was excellent, the lady tech session was a good one, C10s outdoor session was hot but good - Great job everyone :great:

I had a great time at the Festhalle with the mic in one hand and beer in the other :beerchug: What a treat it was to be your Emcee all week, Thank you all for that opportunity.

It's great to be a motorcyclist but even better to be a COGger. I look forward to MANY more rallies and events. This was a great time for me and I am proud to have been a part of it.

!!!AND WE RAISED $700 FOR THE PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR FOUNDATION - THANK YOU AND WEAR YOUR LADY T WITH PRIDE!!!

Another major shout out to K Brown for making the photo booth so fun and successful  :beerchug:

Looks like people were having fun, Fais, good job by you and the team.

But when I was going through the pics, I stopped on one and asked, "who's this guy that looks like Dave Despain?" Click to pic to make it bigger and crap - it is Dave! And wearing a staff t-shirt! What'd you do, put him to work?

Oh, and who's the guy in the black shirt that appears to be groping Anette? Don't let Bernd see that one.  :))

JPavlis_CA said:

But when I was going through the pics, I stopped on one and asked, "who's this guy that looks like Dave Despain?" Click to pic to make it bigger and crap - it is Dave! And wearing a staff t-shirt! What'd you do, put him to work?

Oh, and who's the guy in the black shirt that appears to be groping Anette? Don't let Bernd see that one.  :))

Yes, Dave joined us Monday & Thursday evening. He did an hour Q & A Monday night at the opening Social, attended the Women's breakfast (did not speak as we had a women's Keynote speaker) and then Thursday evening for the Banquet, he did about 10 minutes for us. We gave him a Red Rally Team shirt as well and he wore it Monday night.

He is a cool guy, I was able to talk with him for a few minutes in between all my other duties. His Keynote on Thursday evening at the banquet was about the 5 Kawasaki's that changed his life. He lives south of Athens GA so he is pretty much local.

JPavlis_CA said:

Thank you Jim - Kurt set us up for success  :beerchug:

Dave Despain was a true gentleman - funny guy - and a rider. I didn't know that about him as a Motorsports fan and only knowing him from Speed Channel years ago.

You should invite him to RWTW as a special SE guest if he lives nearby. ;)

Sport Rider said:
I'm going to be counting how many pics Madelyn was in.  :)

Thanks for coordinating photos and to all the contributors!!!

She's the new face of COG :)

So many pics loaded already! I have many more to come. WooHoo!

JPavlis_CA said:

Jim, you should kick yourself for not being able to attend.  Dave was the most humble and friendly guy I've met.  I got to talk to him for a bit before things started thursday evening.  we talked a bit about his show and off-road riding.  he even thought my china bike was cool! 

....and he's never had a motorcycle accident...on the street...with the bike running...in the USA!  :))

This was my first national and everyone I met treated my like a friend and everywhere I rode I met fellow coggers. I had a great time and riding was fantastic. Thanks to everyone and stay safe.

DSCN0128_zpsxfeuxjmo.jpg

Garaged!

DSCN0130_zps2oad7jnx.jpg

DSCN0134_zpsg5ajjtlu.jpg

DSCN0135_zpsirphxpcy.jpg

DSCN0132_zpsowe9hwj9.jpg

I'll fix the photo links this evening - someone is organizing them and breaking the links.

But, that's a good thing! The link to the bucket works. Enjoy the photos  :beerchug:

Finished up loading to our photo bucket site all the pictures Kay & I took during the rally. They are some what organized into albums of the different events.

If anyone has any they would like to share and have uploaded, please let Fais or me know and we'll see about how to get them from you to be uploaded.

Thanks go out to everyone that uploaded images for us (that couldn't attend) to see.

Just spent over an hour looking at them.    :great:

I hated to miss this.  I was so looking forward to meeting people and putting a face to a user name etc.

Looks like you had everything going for you. Great weather, roads, people and bikes to name a few.

Byrdman said:
Another great Rally.  Was super excited about next year, then realized there is only one week between the COG Rally and the 2017 IBR.  Not enough vacation time or money to do both, now I'm sad  :mad: Here's a few pics and a Youtube of Wayniac and myself ripping through the Dragon.
http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/thebyrdhouse/library/COG%20Rally%202016

https://youtu.be/HT_TAoh7kMM

Great video !!! I always said that and aggressive run up or down the Dragon is like being in a motorcycle video game. No time to let up and good concentration is a must. 

Who was that taking pictures near the end of the 2 Up Challenge? Guy had a yellow shirt (I think) about 1:30 pm?

I know I have gone through a bunch of pics..... Good ones at that but could not find one of the banquet group photo.. I must be missing something soooo HELP.  Maybe post it on the main COG website for us Forum challenged folks. Thanks, Stuart

99 KRIDER said:
I know I have gone through a bunch of pics..... Good ones at that but could not find one of the banquet group photo.. I must be missing something soooo HELP.  Maybe post it on the main COG website for us Forum challenged folks. Thanks, Stuart

Patience my young padawan.

ron203 said:
Who was that taking pictures near the end of the 2 Up Challenge? Guy had a yellow shirt (I think) about 1:30 pm?

That was me. Pics in the main Photobucket account.

Mike

Thanks!!! Great shots. It was a hoot to come easing around the curve and see a guy in a yellow shirt taking pictures... First thought I had was, hope that's not radar!!

https://youtu.be/VWYcRRNA2gA

A little ride up and over the mountain - if you can spare 9 minutes. Figured 10 would just be over the top.  :))

Mike

Bugnut said:
https://youtu.be/VWYcRRNA2gA

A little ride up and over the mountain - if you can spare 9 minutes. Figured 10 would just be over the top.  :))

Mike

Nice video Mike  :great:. Not to mention a great day of riding!

Cliff  :beerchug:

NICE....Mike you did a wonderful job on this, even when I came around the corner and freaked out when I saw you! Hope to get some with my Go Pro when we do RWTW. Fun riding with you guys!
Bill

Nice video Mike.
I really like the camera placement, showing the incredible work of the front suspension. :great:

Nice Mike, Best ride video quality I have seen.  Where did you take the passing by shots from?

This is a splice job of the group photo(s).

The banquet album has the 2 full size images :great:

One more photog has a LOT of pics to upload and then we are about done with the bulk uploading:)

Bill said:
NICE....Mike you did a wonderful job on this, even when I came around the corner and freaked out when I saw you! Hope to get some with my Go Pro when we do RWTW. Fun riding with you guys!
Bill

Very nice work Mike! 

Wait till you see the routes for RWTW. Discovered new territory on Friday's ride.

Sport Rider said:
do you have it in higher resolution?

Ahem - as I mentioned Dave  :nananana: That's a screenshot - go to the main photo page and look under 'banquet'

I'm a bit clueless on how to stitch the photos together and keep resolution - I've never stitched...

Fais said:
Sport Rider said:
do you have it in higher resolution?

Ahem - as I mentioned Dave  :nananana: That's a screenshot - go to the main photo page and look under 'banquet'

I'm a bit clueless on how to stitch the photos together and keep resolution - I've never stitched...

those aren't high res either.  they probably get shrunk during the upload process to photobucket.  when I try to zoom in to see individuals, it gets fuzzy quick.  How am I to get a good look at Madelyn?!  ;D

handyman said:
Bill said:
Bill

Very nice work Mike! 

Wait till you see the routes for RWTW. Discovered new territory on Friday's ride.

Can't wait. You did a great job in Helen.
Thanks.