• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Picking her up tomorrow!

Glennn

Moped
G'day All,

Picking up my 2012 Sapphire Blue 1400GTR tomorrow morning about 9:30am  I'm really excited but sh!tting myself at the same time I am going to let it have a little nap on the first day.  I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and only just have the balls of my feet on the ground when on the bike.  I've got a Corbin seat on order but of course that is a couple of months away.

Anyway, hoping to chat the mighty Concours with you all soon.

Glenn

p.s. The wife wanted to call the new wheels Bruce.  I said Baby, I couldn't bring myself to say, "I'm just going to give Bruce a good ride." or worse, "Yeah, today I rode Bruce hard and put him away wet."  Just doesn't work...

:rotflmao:  Very good! 

Congrats on the new C14 and welcome to COG and the forum. I'm about the same size as you. So be careful until you get use to "her". She is a little top heavy at slower speeds. You sure don't want a bad surprise when she's still new to you. The last thing you want is you wife you see you and someone else laying on the ground, and it's not her name!  :))

Thanks Bob,

I almost got my CDA# before I'd even bought. I was out for a test ride and I was coming to a stop at some lights when it pulled up sharply on me because I'm not used to having such ultra sensitive brakes (coming from the crap ones on a Road Star). The demo model lurched to the right and my right foot hit the ground hard and we very almost went over.  A close call to be sure.

Glenn

Thanks gPink,

In my experience lowering bikes through suspension also reduces cornering clearance. With a bit of luck the purported 2" drop with the Corbin seat should have my heels on the ground.

Glenn

Glennn said:
Thanks gPink,

In my experience lowering bikes through suspension also reduces cornering clearance. With a bit of luck the purported 2" drop with the Corbin seat should have my heels on the ground.

Glenn
Hey Glennn,

But with the reversal of seasons in the Southern Hemisphere, don't you have to raise the seat 2" to get proper clearance.
:)

ManWorkingHere said:
Hey Glennn,

But with the reversal of seasons in the Southern Hemisphere, don't you have to raise the seat 2" to get proper clearance.
:)

Ahhhhh CRAP!

:))

Great looking bike Glenn ....

I thought the only colors for 2012 were Red or Black .... the Blue is outstanding.

Valkmike said:
I thought the only colors for 2012 were Red or Black .... the Blue is outstanding.

G'day Mike.  In the showroom you would swear on your life the bike is black, but out in the sun the blue metallic fleck really sparkles.  So much in fact the wife has suggested she doesn't like Bruce anymore, and maybe Edward would be more appropriate...  :-[

now order up some tech specs or some other protection for that tank! I waited a week and had to polish out some clear coat scratches before I could put them on.  :mad:

Congrats Glenn, +1 on the Tech Spects. Enjoy her, my new Connie is in hibernation and I'm very jealouse!

Glennn said:
G'day All,

p.s. The wife wanted to call the new wheels Bruce.  I said Baby, I couldn't bring myself to say, "I'm just going to give Bruce a good ride." or worse, "Yeah, today I rode Bruce hard and put him away wet."  Just doesn't work...

I'd be very happy if you found another name, too! :-*

Very nice color on the bike.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine.

Bruce_Reafsnider_TN said:
Glennn said:
G'day All,

I'd be very happy if you found another name, too! :-*

Very nice color on the bike.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine.

:rotflmao:

Glennn said:
Valkmike said:

G'day Mike.  In the showroom you would swear on your life the bike is black, but out in the sun the blue metallic fleck really sparkles.  So much in fact the wife has suggested she doesn't like Bruce anymore, and maybe Edward would be more appropriate...  :-[
Okay....this is freaky.  My middle name is Edward.  Do you think your wife would settle for "Old Blue" or something?

Front Runner said:
Nice bike.

Yeah, you're right, "I rode Bruce hard and put it away" simply doesnt sound right.  :)

Ya, that sounds really bad, not that there's anything wrong with that...  :-X ;D  :sign0137:

Bruce_Reafsnider_TN said:
Okay....this is freaky.  My middle name is Edward.  Do you think your wife would settle for "Old Blue" or something?
Now if your last name is Nerkleferckbags than that is just a whole bridge too far