• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pirelli Angel ST - Front

Pete_COG_TN

Anyone use the Angel ST's on a C14 prior to the GT coming out. I'm mostly interested in just the front. I had one on my CBR1000F for 5000 miles (sold the bike at that point) and loved it. I don't remember any change during those miles either.  The GT was great on the C14 for 2000 miles, than the profile changed into a half hexagon, like other dual compound fronts (Mich pilot power 2CT and Roadsmart 1 are others) . My CBR wasn't that much lighter than the C14 although with more compliant forks. For some reason I thought they stopped making the ST when the GT came out so I didn't think to try it. I see some vendors are still carrying them and price is under $100.  Any thoughts?

Cant answer the C14 and ST tire Q, but I had them on my ZX14 and never could tell the difference between the ST/GT on that bike. They both would wear about the same. GT has a bit more land/sea area than the ST. I suspect for better wet weather riding.

I ran the Angel ST on my 2009 C14, on my 2005 FJR and I have them on my wife's Kaw ER6N and no problems with them at all on any bike.

Great tire, wet or dry in my opinion

COGnosticator said:
PeteTN_zgtr said:
OK, thanks for the replies. I'm going to try putting one on the front for the next set. Maybe rear.

I would run them  front and rear and not worry about it.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was wondering if it's better to stick with a dual compound on the rear but having the matched set is really best.

I have ST's front and rear on my '08 Connie and they are rock solid wet and dry with good wear.  They will push farther than I will so far.  I'm not sure how many miles are on them because I've just had the bike for a couple of thousand miles but they are wearing well.  Back was getting a bit of a flat spot in the middle until I ran Cherohala and the Dragon last weekend and rounded it back out. :))