• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pirelli Angels, PR2, & PR3's on sale at BikeBandit

caffeinated

Mini Bike
Posted this on the other forum, so I figured I post here as well.

Bikebandit.com is having a tire sale and the Angels are on sale.

190/55 rear and 120/70 front for $248.66 + $8.95 shipping.

Looks to be a good deal.  $299.98 at Motorcyclesuperstore.

PR2 = $246.35 +8.95
PR3 = $281.58 +8.95

Thanks for posting...  This is a good deal.

When shopping for tires be sure to factor in the all possible costs like tax, shipping , and mounting/balancing.

Yep.  No tax for me in VA, shipping at only $8.95 is great, and changing my own tires is a plus.

Just ordered the Angels to have when I feel I can't take much more of the crappy 021's.  The horrible turn in with these tires is almost dangerous.

That is a pretty good deal on the Angels from what I found. I ordered a set last week and paid $400 out the door including tires, disposal fees, mounting and balancing. I ordered them through a local shop and believe the tires ended up being $310 and then $90 for the m/b/d and taxes. Unfortunately I do not have access (or experience) to tire mounting tools and the mounting fees would have jumped $15 per shoe if I ordered elsewhere.

I guess at the end of the day, if I would have ordered through BikeBandit I could have save $30 - 40. Oh well, not too much, and I was able to support a local business, so Im okay with it.

On the flipside, a couple of weeks ago, through a different local shop, I ordered a Shoei Qwest. They did not have the color I wanted, but said they could have it in 2 days. I could have gotten it for about $45 less online (with free shipping), but again, if I can support local, that is my preference. Unfortunately, in this case, the helmet didn't arrive for 5 days and by the time I factored in the two trips over to the store, I probably would have been better off just ordering over the internet. Again, oh well..................

I priced the PR3's at bikebandit and the price was  $312.52 + 8.95 shipping?

I started by using the "Tire Sale" link on their website?

Sizes 120/70 x 17 & 190/55 x 17

Should have waited a day  :-[ .....they've up'd their sale to include a $15 BikeBandit gift card with code TOPTREAD15

Angels and PR2 are the same sale price, but the PR3's have been increased to $312.52  :(