• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Places to stay other than American inn in Silver City MI

ratherberiding

If the weather hold off I will be heading up towards Copper Harbour  on the weekend, leaving home Saturday morning. I have been having a hard time to find places to stay other than The American inn in Silver City MI. $102. per night . Are there losts of little places, Ma and Pa  type hotels to stay in? My oldest will be riding pillion while a fellow rider will be accompanying us.

Last time we did the Lake trip we did SSM first night Houghton then Superior then home.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Might need to Cancel, I jammed the index finger on throttle side today on a customers dock plate , Lack of ice and having to drive the Big truck 4 1/2 hours home didn't help it!!

yes lots of ma and pa type hotels.  Bella Vista in Copper Harbor looked decent when we were up there (less than a hundred last year).  We camped at the State Park but had the hotel as a back up plan.

Lots of chain and local hotels in Houghton.

Check out http://www.upcruising.com  Site owners are more cruiser oriented but you can search lodging and info by attraction. They also have the inside info of great roads to ride while you are there. >:D