• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Please Help Stress Test - New Forum Host

colinp386

Chaps & Chapesses!

I have made a backup of the forum and installed it on http://forum.zg1000.org/

The "Test" forum is on a brand new (to us) hosting provider.
Before I move the forum over for real, I want to stress test it.
So I'm inviting you to go over and play, post what you like the more posts the better!

NOTE Anything you post WILL BE LOST! its just a test!

You will see I have added the words Test on the Forum so you don't get too confused  :rotflmao:

Due to the way the authentication works the FIRST TIME you try to login I think it will give you an error, the second time it should let you in.

Go Knock yourselves out!

Remember I'll be watching you! LoL  :))

I look forward to hearing that you find it faster, if not its back to the drawing board!

Colin

Making good progress;

I have just upgraded to the latest SMF 2.0 Gold version and it still works.  :))

I had some issues with the Package Installs but they seem to be ok now.
The Spell Checking is not working, but I have a support call raised with (mt)

Next is to make sure it still works when I dump today's data in it.
Once that checks out I will put this forum in maintenance mode  back it up - move it over and re-gig the DNS.

Please test the zg1000 forum some more.

Tks.

Colin

For those that are or were testing the new Forum server, I restored last nights backup from here over there.

All went well so we can switch over any time.
The only feature that is not working is the pop-up spell checker.

I'm still working on that.

Colin

DO IT  and thanks for setting this up.  Faster is always better... and that is not what she said.

Colin:

I've got a few words to say, and they are not really equal to what you should get, "Thank You Very Much".      :)