• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Police C-14

2linby

I found this youtube about retrofitting a C-14 for police work.  There is a fair amount of discussion on pnwriders.com in regards to Idaho State Patrol using the C-14 for their new fleet as well as several Oregon City departments.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-otHROG4vII&feature=player_embedded#!

Probity Cycle Incorporated

(480) 374-1903

260 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210

They are going to start selling to the public.   
I've called for pricing they will call back later on today.
They where asking about group buy?
Not sure how to do that here?

Got to ride the Probity Cycle Incorporated Police version of the C14 up in Phoenix in 2009.  What a rush!!!!  Kawasaki is finally endorsing the production of these.  Originally they just were not interested in getting back into the Police Motor world after the last production run of the KZ1000P in 2005.  The sport bike guys will think twice about running from the Motors on these!

Attachments

• _P3P02852.JPG
    _P3P02852.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 110
we have had them since October of last year. We purchase them from Kawasaki Authority Sales. www.kawasakipolice.com I love it. Its a big change from the road king. I work for Ormond Beach Police Dept. which is the agency north of Daytona Beach.

kawicop said:
we have had them since October of last year. We purchase them from Kawasaki Authority Sales. www.kawasakipolice.com I love it. Its a big change from the road king. I work for Ormond Beach Police Dept. which is the agency north of Daytona Beach.

That is awesome; I hope more agencies adopt these bikes. That should greatly increase the availability of accessories. I know I need a mount for my Colt AR :))

jasonc32amg said:
kawicop said:

That is awesome; I hope more agencies adopt these bikes. That should greatly increase the availability of accessories. I know I need a mount for my Colt AR :))

they have one for the AR and shot gun. It goes on the rear lowside. We are trying to get the AR mount now but dont think the chief will go for it. Go here to see a pic - http://kawasakipolice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=98

kawicop said:
jasonc32amg said:
kawicop said:

they have one for the AR and shot gun. It goes on the rear lowside. We are trying to get the AR mount now but dont think the chief will go for it. Go here to see a pic - http://kawasakipolice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=98

I saw it...  good stuff!

Any idea where I can get one of these brackets for TIR3's?
EMERG.jpg

I have a full sized one on my Suburban, but now need one for the rear of my 09.

I know how dirty the back of my C14 gets.  I'd hate to have to clean that AR or shotgun every shift.  Any rain and its a full tear down to get the crap out.

Organdonor said:
You're supposed to clean your AR?  :-[

Whats an AR?  :-[

OK, only kidding!  :))  Why would you ever subject a rifle to the elements like that? OK the cowboys use to carry them on their horses. (probably still do)  But that is different!!! 

well think about it. We carry our side arm out in the open also on the motors. Being a beach town there is always salt, sand, and water spots in my Glock. Motors can get to seriouse crimes in progress faster than patrol cars and when we hurry up and get there all we have is our .40 and are ussaly out gunned. A lot of your larger agencies out there that have swat teams have a lot of motors in the team becuase of that and they carry the AR on the side of the bike. I have never seen one on the HD but have seen them on the BMW.

On the coast an All-Weather Mini-14 or 30 would be better, I guess. Or a Remington Marine Magnum or Mossberg Marine.

My trunk guns are a two of the above mentioned, in a double bag:

100_0995.jpg

what about an AK47? i know a lot of SOs use them because they can take more elemental abuse than the AR15. i know the AR is more accurate, and an easier sell to city hall, but all LEOs know most gun fights occur between approximately 7 and 10 yards. Of course if the rife comes out in my town, that means things went real bad in a hurry. i dont think i would take a shot at more than about 50 yards anyway due to the loss of fine motor skills, tunnel vision, and the high probability of missing a shot in a firefight at large distances. i am well trained (DT instructor, SWAT Operator) but i dont know how my body will react in a fire fight... what was this thread about again??? Sorry boys, didnt mean to get off topic.  :-[ i cant wait to get to the traffic division  >:D, i'll try to talk my dept into going away from the BMWs and back to the Kawasaki. speeders beware!!!

This is how Harley mounted guns way back when!

Attachments

• rw_show_070205_1m-1_jpg_w300h225.jpg
    rw_show_070205_1m-1_jpg_w300h225.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 96