• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Post your Photos/Stories of Libby (MT) 2014 Rally

red fox

RE: Sept.  2014 COG NW regional rally in Libby, Montana.

Talked with organizer, danodemotoman, and he agreed that
a separate rally photo / story thread would be a good idea.

So, photos & stories - any good, bad or indifferent ones - feel free to post 'em  here.

[size=12pt]

P1070818_zps13f87581.jpg

TimR and Charlie-Gary man their bikes during a flagger stop near Clark Fork, ID

at the motel, this young HD rider was in the midst of a 6 month tour of America. 
Christian had spilled his bike day  before and was repairing it here. 
Said he'd met a lot of very nice people on his trip.
P1070825_zps6f70a6b4.jpg

P1070824_zps0af41d82.jpg

Is the caption here: "The sun always shines in Libby."

1st night's dinner
P1070830_zps7142148f.jpg

that's Kari winning the biggest smile contest
P1070828_zps52b29184.jpg

Cold night as BS was exchanged in the parking lot. 
Next morning, frost, and bike thermo shows 27F.  Frost on seat -->
P1070831_zps6d7e6add.jpg

A COG member (Bob) helping a fellow rider who's fixing his bike from a crash.
P1070832_zpsa30a7d18.jpg

He's hoping to stay on the road for 3 more months!  note tool kit on ground

after the parking lot social, one of us heads for Friday's dinner. 
Hugely long walk, no sidewalks, to the edge of town!
P1070880_zps1e2e4b91.jpg

rode some nice roads
P1070842_zpsba597fdc.jpg

scenery!!
P1070845_zps2fd4a4e0.jpg

Yaak River Falls
P1070886_zpsa25a87e0.jpg

a number of us took photos.

Saturday dinner location. 
P1070912_zpsc4dd3778.jpg

the wood fired oven inside.
P1070908_zps8d282af5.jpg

23 of the 24 attendees ate here.  (1 was headed home)
someone has photos of us inside ...
COG happened to pick up the meal costs here - thank you COG!

You know the scene in Forest Gump where he goes running and just keeps on running?  I really hadn't ridden in over a year. Riding to the NWCOG rally in Libby was the first trip in over two years. When I returned to rally central Saturday afternoon I just felt like riding more so I packed my camp gear and headed for home. The riding was good, very good. Stayed the night in CdA and rode more Sunday.

It was nice to meet some COGgers. I look forward to more riding soon.

Jathkajoe

A fine rally for me. The weather was perfect discounting some morning frost.
Here are some pics:

Charlie's Sat ride interupted by coolant leak

coolant leak is identified as front coolant log but stopped drippping after warmup

Sat night dinner

Good photos of our actvities and folks ... thanks.

Here are some more of mine.

Here, everyone has an opinion of what I should be doing with my life!  Jeesh.
P1070895_zps2d70297e.jpg

we happened to be here on the day of the annual classic car rally
P1070897_zpse9b286e4.jpg

P1070896_zpsb633f4fc.jpg

P1070838_zps1e4f95e1.jpg

Sept162014052cropsmall_zps848e0933.jpg

P1070840_zps476cc405.jpg

Well,  hoping Java-rush and the others will post up some of their photos.

Here are some other photos that I've run across ... Java-rush in the foreground
P1070857_zpsa79b7117.jpg

We recruited Robert (unknown forum alias at this point) out of a chance encounter
to become our newest COG member.  ... a great addition.
Sept162014055cropsmall_zps9006cc4f.jpg

P1070917_zps589032b5.jpg

Great rally!
24 or 25 people.  New members.  Several good roads and routes.  Memorable dinners.  Helped a young fellow rider
in the midst of his 6 month Easy Rider tour of the USA fix his bike after a spill.  He said he'd met the nicest people on this ride
and from the way he sought out our members for thanks and good-byes I'd say we helped him on his journey.

Also, longest walk to a Friday dinner I have ever done - in sandals no less; 3 miles round trip!  Hoot, hoot.
I made a special trip to the supermarket to buy some moleskin for blister relief for my roommate. 
A fully hosted dinner (COG thanks) on Saturday, which everyone rode to.  Also COGGERs helped two new-to-the-group riders
mount their C14 bags on the correct side, giving the 2-up rider more foot room.  ;D  And not a spec of rain.

Don't know where / when the 2015 NW Regional Rally will be next year, but this year's was prime.

Joe was 'thinking' at the Sat dinner about the location for next year... I won't mention the choices.. yet  ;)

Red Fox said:
Don't know where / when the 2015 NW Regional Rally will be next year, but this year's was prime.[/i][/b][/size]

I'm happy the cog group enjoyed my home town. I did get to visit with Charlie at the grocery store. I wish we had known about this before . next time we will keep a closer eye on thing that are happening.

Thanks  :)
Tar snakes were a bit slimy that day but all and all nice ride with good company  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Bill

I should have included this in the video but I missed the boat on that one  :-[ :-[ :-[

https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=b410540fba36edd54&width=600&height=600&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no

Bill