• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Powered tire changer/balancer'.

Nybiomed

Anybody have thoughts? I've used tire changers/balancers before a few times, wondering about this set...if I wait for the next EBay deal, it could be gotten shipped for right about $1k. I would of course use these units on all my vehicles- I rarely run tires past 75-80% wear and I already have a couple tires ready to rotate onto the wife's CRV for the winter and a front for the C14. I figured maybe I could offer the tire changing service to area COG'ers too- it can be kinda expensive around here if your not doing them yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1-5-HP-Tire-Changer-Wheel-Changers-Machine-Balancer-Rim-Clamp-Combo-560-680/201424299707?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

It's Chinese so take your chances. I'd check on the importer/distributor for their business reputation. Don't forget it comes Without the motorcycle adaptor.

Yeah, I know the No-Mar is kinda the gold standard as far as non-powered changers are concerned, but I have experience with powered ones and I'd like to do all my own tire changes on my cars too...I'm not going to struggle with a No-Mar for my application, but I had given it a fair amount of consideration.

Read further down in the ebay post "motorcycle adapter in picture sold desperately". Not sure if that means just for the wheel balancer adapter.

I bought a power changer at Greg Smith Equipment in Indianapolis a few years ago.  Price was around a thousand.  He also stocks parts for them.  His are a Atlas brand.  I have had very good luck with mine.  I think he will also ship.

Hi Rich, Just saw this post.  My friend down in northern NJ went in with another guy and purchased a Motorcycle tire changer from Derek Weaver Co. for approx. $1100.00.  He told me that they do not advertise but decided to charge $20.00 to mount a tire.  He told me that in less than a year the machine has paid for itself.  Maroney's Cycle down here told me that they use the beads for balancing as opposed to the weights.

Fred in Newburgh

Nice, yeah I have a guy from HillTop Cycle that charges $30 bucks, so not too bad, and he's a great guy so I mind even less, it's just that I'm also interested in my Car/Truck tires too....and I even just picked up a spare rear wheel for the C14, soooo, it kinda makes sense. I'd really like to find something on CraigsList, even a few hours drive would be fine to save a few hundreds...have you been riding much this season? I've been working like a dog with the new business, and therefore cutting heavily into my seat time these last few months. Ever get your valves adjusted?