• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

PR3

You want to run a 190/50 in the back or a 190/55 if you can state why you need the higher profile.  :beerchug:

The 180/ isn't enough tire for the C14.

Its a 180 rear tire. I have a friend who has a new one he bought for a bike he no longer has. Offered it to me for a steal.

IIRC, a few folks are running the 180/55 on the C14 without problems. Not endorsing or  criticizing folks  who do. Only that I remember some folks using that size on the C14.

Cap'n Bob said:
IIRC, a few folks are running the 180/55 on the C14 without problems. Not endorsing or  criticizing folks  who do. Only that I remember some folks using that size on the C14.

Sure, and I could have run 245s on my Jeep and it would have been just fine on the street. But the second I put it in 4WD on dirt, I would have trouble in difficult sections.

What you can do, and what you should do, are not always the same.

Just saying.... he can put the tire on and ride all summer just fine. Just don't get on a ride with the fast kids because its not enough tire for C14.  :motonoises:

Please stop. You're scaring people.

Do you seriously believe having 5MM less tread width
( per side ) will result in certain doom, death and destruction?

There are an awful lot of fast and heavy bikes running
around on 180/55s.

Just saying....

Not certain doom, but it won't perform as well as the 190. Do you think K would spend the  extra money to put a 190 on the back if the 180 worked as well or better?

Even if its only $1 difference per tire, at the volume they buy, it adds up to a lot of money.

Just saying.

:rotflmao:

Honestly, I believe K's decision was based more on
looks and perception ( bigger must be better, right? )
than actual performance.

I never cared for the heavy handling of the 190/50 myself.
Apparently, I'm not the only one.

I have a 180 2ct Michelin on my bike, It was the only rear i could get at the time, And i had doubts about getting it mounted, But my fears were all for naught. And just to be clear, i come from a sport bike background and really push the bike in the twisties. 
Yes, the next time it comes to getting a new tire i will try to get a 190, but not missing it now. :)

Got 300miles on my new PR3's.  Huge change in the way the bike handles.  Dont have  to force the bike in turns any more.  Just follows the road  Very very nice!      :great: