• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Proposed ride this summer (2011) Colorado

jdcjdcjd

Bicycle
I am planning on doing one of my favorite Colorado loop rides this summer (no firm date yet; late June-August) and would like to see who might be interested in riding along.  The ride would start in Longmont, CO and first up to Ft Collins.  From there we would ride on CO14 through Poudre Canyon up and over Cameron Pass into Walden CO.  From Walden we would head back to Grand Lake CO.  From there we would ride over Trail Ridge Road to Estes Park CO.  From Estes we would ride back down to Longmont.  This is about a 390 mile loop and takes from 8-10 hrs depending on stops and such.  This ride includes lots of twisty roads, long straights, interesting stops and spectacular scenery.  I consider myself a moderately brisk rider (not sport bike fast and not old Gold Winger slow) Anyone who lives in area, or might be visiting in the area and is interested should contact me via email.  jdcjdcjd@msn.com

Sounds like a great route.
For multiple days ride the 'Ride The Divide' route is a winner! Did it in 99?

http://www.concours.org/co/index.htm
click on ride the divide in left column.

I am in did that with the ST owners last year cause I couldnt find any coggers doing anything around here, aif anyones interested this one is being put together as well it's on the ST owners but all types of bikes are welcome http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?97248-Planning-a-long-weekend-ride.

Todd

Denver is a 400 mile ride from home in NE Wyoming so I will come down the day before and get a motel for 2 nights.  If anyone else is planning to come from out of town it would be nice to all stay at the same motel and get together for diner/breakfast/a beer or what ever.  Rick

To all:  I still have not decided on a date, but stay tuned.  Since it's still snowing up here, it's a bit hard for me to be  planning summer trips just yet.

JD, I'm down with the ride you are proposing. I have done a lot of it,Grand lake through Trail Ridge is breathtaking with plenty of variables to keep it interesting....and the scenery will take your breath away ! I have a problem with my ole girl right now, hopefully I'll have it sorted by then.Keep us posted....

Sounds great! I've been thinking of organizing a ride this summer too. Count me in (date dependent). I'm in Littleton.

Update:  It's looking like this ride is going to be in July sometime (firm date soon)  Winter has held on with a vengeance in the mountains and I think its going to be July before the sand and gravel on the roads is all gone. 

Hello, My name is David from Ohio. I would like to join this ride since I was going to attempt something along these lines by myself anyhow. But riding with a group of somewhat local riders would be much better. Just need enough time to get back to Vermont for the National, so I hope that snow melts soon!

To all: I have decided to do this ride on July 16, with the 17th as a rain date.  I have had quite a bit of interest in this ride, but have not kept good track of those interested.  So, if you are still interested, email me at jdcjdcjd@msn.com and we will shore up the details once I get a good idea of the group size. 

JD

I may be in as well, once I confirm what my work schedule looks like, I will message you if I know that I can 100% make it.