• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Props to Motoport

Old_Steve

I've had my mesh kevlar jacket for close to two years, and my mesh pants and racing gloves for about 18 months.  After that much time, the thing that impresses the most about all of the Motoport gear is the way they look.  The zippers, seams, cuffs, pockets - even the velcro looks practically unused, and the only days I don't ride 50 miles round-trip to work are when it's raining or over 115 degrees.  A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a seam had popped on the middle finger of the left hand glove right where the clutch lever hits it.  After emailing, I sent the pair back to Wayne, and yesterday they came back, all fixed.  I can't see or feel any difference from when it was new.  No charge, BTW.
I couldn't be happier with the gear AND the service.

Hi,
      Well, I try to get along with everyone on this forum as I have met a few members,gone to a few events and never met any nicer people! :great:

I understand that people are very loyal to the brands of things they use and there is nothing wrong with that. That is part of the joy of ownership!

HOWEVER... after doing a LOT of reading and talking to people, I came to the conclusion that just about any riding gear besides Motoport was a rip off in money and one's protection!  This is only my opinion and worth what you paid for it!

When I ordered my CUSTOM gear from Wayne I received it in a timely manner but had a problem. The jacket was to short! :mad:

I called Wayne,told him the problem. We called it a draw as to whose fault it was. I paid postage to send it back and less than a week had a perfect fitting jacket in my hands!

I don't think you can do better than that! Yes it is a little expensive but the materials that it is made of is too! (price some mesh Kevlar!) ;D

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motoport/

Attachments

• FBK259.addict.stein_02.jpg
    FBK259.addict.stein_02.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 199
Damn, there was a girl in the picture.  I just saw a motorcycle with some nice long legs :)) :) :beerchug:

Hi,
      I actually met a retired BMW Mechanic (through another hobby) and his wife works at the Hospital in Daytona Bch.

She told him during bike week these girls wearing nothing but bikinis riding around and when they go down, it's not pretty! :-[

It's all live and learn I guess!

I'm not the most fashionable guy in my Motoport,but feel I'm the best protected! ;D

Attachments

• Custom-motorcycles-and-girls-pictures-and-wallpapers-70.jpg
    Custom-motorcycles-and-girls-pictures-and-wallpapers-70.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 162
I also am a motoport fan. Have had  my Kevlar mesh jacket and pants for the past three years.I was looking for a all season gear setup and for me it has worked out well. I like the protection, a couple of months ago I had a low speed crash going down hard on my right arm/elbow and then sliding 20-30 feet. The armor absorbed the impact and the kevlar had slight scuffing only. You won't win any points for style ( I've taken a little kidding about the bulkiness of it all, especially in the Summertime). My only complaint is the Kevlar will scratch your paint to death.

Ordered my Marathon without the bulgy front pockets. They only have a hundred options when it comes to ordering your gear. Amazing. Most airflow and most padding + ALL Kevlar = got my $$.

My girl got some Kevlar pants. Loves them. Nothing short of fire and a wood chipper can hurt this stuff.

Hi,
      I was t-boned by a car as a kid on a bike and luckily went over the car instead of under it!

Took the windshield out with my head and finished up on and off the trunk onto the street!

I was ok (sort a) but it was a good example of where some safety gear would of helped!

I think if you go down sliding is actually good! Less damage than tumbling IF you have gear that can take it!

With my mesh kevlar and soft armour I think I'm doing all I can. The Kevlar will NOT get hot and melt into your skin like a lot (most) other suits/gear will!!!

Attachments

• 45b6a3e058f8d0d69f11d4317098255e.jpg
    45b6a3e058f8d0d69f11d4317098255e.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 158
Hi,
        Saw this  http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motoport/

This article states that Denier 500 cadora is $7.00 a yard.

Mesh Kevlar is over $50.00 a yard!

So how much of your money is going for YOUR protection and how much is going for profit????

You have to decide!

Attachments

• 2cb1e9c5d5d93d229615347e517f37ad.jpg
    2cb1e9c5d5d93d229615347e517f37ad.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 156
gottaride said:
See SeaGiant... ahhhh what were you sayin'? I was looking at the girl in the red "protective gear". Snap.

Hahaha, I picked that one up 20 years ago and she's upstairs in the kitchen.... ;)

ChrisD said:
gottaride said:
See SeaGiant... ahhhh what were you sayin'? I was looking at the girl in the red "protective gear". Snap.

Hahaha, I picked that one up 20 years ago and she's upstairs in the kitchen.... ;)

Hi,
        That's funny!

I see a young girl every now and then that looks like an old flame and think for a split nano second it is her and then realize 30 years have passed! ;D

Attachments

• 12274717_784214181707728_2581660688915764204_n.jpg
    12274717_784214181707728_2581660688915764204_n.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 119
Have wanted Motoport for a few years now. Meeting my bro in San Diego this winter and planning on getting fitted for a suit for this coming season.

freebird6 said:
Have wanted Motoport for a few years now. Meeting my bro in San Diego this winter and planning on getting fitted for a suit for this coming season.

Hi,
      You won't regret it, and it will be you're last gear in this lifetime....I mean SUPER duty! ;D

I found Wayne to be a stand up guy! :great:

Attachments

• 482749256.jpg
    482749256.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 124
Just order me some Ultra II Stretch pants.  Jacket will have to wait till later this year.  Looking forward to looking like the Michelin Man...LOL

ChrisD said:
Just order me some Ultra II Stretch pants.  Jacket will have to wait till later this year.  Looking forward to looking like the Michelin Man...LOL

Just seein you're in the Southeast. All Motoport stuff is amazing but be sure you don't want the mesh and a rain liner for atgatt in the summer months. Just $0.02 and you prob know what you want.

My mesh jacket has stretch panels and it IS great stuff.

Hope you don't mind the suggestion. And, congrats!

Fais, I  am not sure if you are saying mesh gear is good in hot weather or not good in hot weather.
I learned long ago that mesh is just too hot in hot weather riding so I no longer use mesh anymore- ever!
I know it sounds strange but it is true. Long sleeve self wicking LD gear (just like the picture in the article below)  and  Non mesh Aerostich jacket and pants but some day if I ever wear out my Aerostich I want Motoport or Klim
Read this:
http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/ironbutt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf

Daytona_Mike said:
Fais, I  am not sure if you are saying mesh gear is good in hot weather or not good in hot weather.
I learned long ago that mesh is just too hot in hot weather riding so I no longer use mesh anymore- ever!
I know it sounds strange but it is true. Long sleeve self wicking LD gear (just like the picture in the article below)  and  Non mesh Aerostich jacket and pants but some day if I ever wear out my Aerostich I want Motoport or Klim
Read this:
http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/ironbutt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf

Mesh = the bomb but only re Motoport. Been in Death Valley, Moab, humid TN, TX and FL and so much etc etc etc. and I'll swear by it after so many other jackets. The only 'stretch' Motoport I've seen was on a Canadian(!) (yes I know you are ;D)

agreed on the importance of the under layer(s) and every other aspect of what you said. Respectfully disagree about the Motoport mesh. It's not a fabric - it's closer to Kevlar chain mail.

I recommend anyone call Wayne before purchase. He's the only one with tons of experience with all the materials and I chose based on his advice. My jacket has the 'stretch' materials in places and it's awesome but I'd die in a jacket made of just that in the summer.

Also - the padding isnt even comparable to Klim or Aero or any other. This helps the mesh work as there is zero material laying on me. It's a cocoon of air and padding wrapped in something a bullet would struggle to pierce. No - it's not fashionable - but I've looked good in the ER and the nurses didn't care lol!

20,000 miles on my mesh and it looks new. Motoport all the way. Check out some of Seagiants links. There's an ADV thread with 100 pages and you're not the first to say mesh has done you wrong. Nothing compares.

Actually, I'm in Germany.  Gets hot here for about 1 month but riding in the Alps it is always cool.  Also, got the full set up including the liner. :)

ChrisD said:
Actually, I'm in Germany.  Gets hot here for about 1 month but riding in the Alps it is always cool.  Also, got the full set up including the liner. :)

Oh man how cool! The stretch material will be awesome for you. I went by the tag on the left that says you're here in the southeast. I wouldn't have typed any of that :truce:

Congrats again - you will be happy with your purchase  :beerchug:

Fais said:
ChrisD said:

Oh man how cool! The stretch material will be awesome for you. I went by the tag on the left that says you're here in the southeast. I wouldn't have typed any of that :truce:

Congrats again - you will be happy with your purchase  :beerchug:

LOL, The COG membership site didn't have a place for me to select Overseas or Germany so figured my Home of record would be good enough (Florida).

Maybe in the future the COG leadership might figure out that some of us are in the military or support the military in some way, shape, or form and that maybe a few additions to locations need to be added, maybe Europe, Middle East and Far East, etc.  Just a thought. :great: