• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pulled it out of storage...no regrets..

mnofpeace

Scooter
With winter not really taking hold in the Metro D.C. area, and the cost of parking near the job really making me angry ($12 per day-200+ per month), i pulled the C14 out this morning to commute this week; and i am so glad that i did.  Parking is free with the bike.

yes, we had a small ice storm over the weekend, but most of that is gone.  Then, yes, it was a little foggy and wet on the ride in today...so what.  Temps in the mid 40s...that is why  they make good gear.  My ride in was nice and warm.  I took my time, tip toed a little bit, and just enjoyed my ride in.  the reward will be a nice high 50s & sunny ride home this afternoon.

I am starting to embrace the sport-touring thing...weather be damned, just get on the bike, put on your gear, and ride through whatever is thrown at you.  I love it.  this is my first year of ownership with the C14, and i simply love it.

I've been tempted a few days up here in MA, but with sand and salt its just not worth it. I just have to live vicariously through the forum for a few more months.

mnofpeace said:
I am starting to embrace the sport-touring thing...weather be damned, just get on the bike, put on your gear, and ride through whatever is thrown at you.  I love it.  this is my first year of ownership with the C14, and i simply love it.

That's the spirit! 

(said by the guy who's scoot is unhappily languishing in his garage while it's 70* outside.)

Rev Ryder said:
mnofpeace said:

That's the spirit! 

(said by the guy who's scoot is unhappily languishing in his garage while it's 70* outside.)

:rotflmao:

I have to agree...even with the temps in the 40's in NY, the amount of salt on the roads is a bit much.  Humidity makes for wet roads in the mornings - add salt and you've got rust and oxidation in no time. 

80 degrees here in Southern California and no salt on the roads! Beautiful day for a ride! I miss the cold but not that much!  ;)

EnsoniqDude said:
I have to agree...even with the temps in the 40's in NY, the amount of salt on the roads is a bit much.  Humidity makes for wet roads in the mornings - add salt and you've got rust and oxidation in no time.

So glad we don't use salt on the roads in the PNW, but the gravel we use is a bitch too...  :41:

We get winter here in Tampa - it generally sticks around for two or three days a handful of times a year.  This Friday we're supposed to get a cold front pushing through here which will bring temps down into the lower 70s.

ChipDoc said:
We get winter here in Tampa - it generally sticks around for two or three days a handful of times a year.  This Friday we're supposed to get a cold front pushing through here which will bring temps down into the lower 70s.

Yeah I hear that you get a frost a night every once and a while!  :))

For the past 3 years I have never put my bike up for storage - too many 40-60 deg days here in the DC/Balt region.
I had the C14 out yesterday, and ended up riding to work, thought that I would need the Phantom 1pc suit, but it was a little too much.
I don't have a garage to keep the bike in, so I bought a 5x10 trailer that is parked on my driveway w/o tags, it does well for what I need, I added a hookup for power inside for a battery tender.
I envy the guys who can ride all year w/o electrics, me I just do the Gerbings gloves and ride when there is no ice or snow on the road.
Hopefully the DC/MD/VA area connies can get together this year for a ride to eat or something. :beerchug:

DK

It was a "chilly" 54 degrees down here in Houston. Do ya think I rode to work today?... You Betcha. And I'll probably ride tomorrow & through the weekend and until it rains again (rinse & repeat). We may get some scorching summers down here bet the mild winters more than make up for it.  >:D

ACurtice said:
It was a "chilly" 54 degrees down here in Houston. Do ya think I rode to work today?... You Betcha. And I'll probably ride tomorrow & through the weekend and until it rains again (rinse & repeat). We may get some scorching summers down here bet the mild winters more than make up for it.  >:D

I pull into my garage and see my bike under the cover...and I  :'(

All I have is this forum to keep me going until Spring.