• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Radio on Concours

Big E

Tricycle
Has anyone installed a radio on a C10 Concours ? If so where on the bike ? any pics ? thx in advance...

I have cycle sounds series 3. It was on there when I got it.I have cell phone mount and it plugs in to my phone.its really loud and I here it well.

I used a JBL model PRV-175 marine radio.  It's designed to fit a gauge hole in a dashboard, and I finagled a mount using PVC pipe fittings. >:D

Attachments

• PRV 175.PNG
    PRV 175.PNG
    158.3 KB · Views: 241
Nice Farkle!

MichiGlenn said:
I used a JBL model PRV-175 marine radio.  It's designed to fit a gauge hole in a dashboard, and I finagled a mount using PVC pipe fittings. >:D

I just use a Sansa Clip+ and helmet speakers that I salvaged out of a set of Sony headphones with a busted head-band. And no, I never owned a KLR.  :nananana:

I like the idea of Sirius radio ? I have it in both vehicles did not think of  it on  the bike. Dumb question but how do you get the music to the helmet speakers?  Is it blue tooth ?

Mike said:
I like the idea of Sirius radio ? I have it in both vehicles did not think of  it on  the bike. Dumb question but how do you get the music to the helmet speakers?  Is it blue tooth ?

I have one of the Boosteroo amplifiers in between the Sirius radio and the helmet speakers. I bought and extra vehicle kit so all I have to do is pull the radio out of the truck and plug her onto the bike.

If you have Sirius/XM, they have a mobile app for your smart phone. Run the phone thru your Sena. You do have a Sena don't you?

Larry_Buck_FL said:
If you have Sirius/XM, they have a mobile app for your smart phone. Run the phone thru your Sena. You do have a Sena don't you?

I haven't downloaded that app - yet  - but I might in the future.
I have an XM radio in the center storage box and it works pretty good but sometimes the signal drops out.
It's nice that I have recorded music on it and if it gets too spotty then I switch to the recorded section for awhile and later will try the live radio again.
It's nice to be able to change between them while riding.
I wear my phone on my waist so I'm not sure how well the signal would get in or if it would/could become spotty.

IMO if the OP really wants to listen to music or radio etc he needs to get a headset with earbuds to get the best sound and reduce wind noise.
Then A small Bluetooth transmitter will send the signal to a headset.  YES I DON"T have a C-10 so you would mount yours someplace else - but
hopefully this give you the idea and you get my point.......

Here is my XM radio setup.  There is a small transmitter behind it, which sends signal to my Sena 20S.  I also have an MP3 player that will play music or FM radio and could be used
in place of the XM radio I have in there now.  Actually my MP3 player is smaller and would fit better - However as long as I"m paying for XM I thought
I should use it. 

I had Sirius radio on the turbo from 2007-2010. After moving to south Texas I haven't ridden enough to justify the expense anymore.  The new bike build will have FM built into the dash... might consider something more exotic, but probably not unless mama wins the lottery.

The OP asked about Radio on Concours

I FORGOT to mention that if you get a Sena 20S - It has FM radio built in.
So then you could have Radio on a Concours or any bike you buy/ride in the future and not have to leave
a radio that you installed on the bike because you couldn't remove it and leave holes etc in the dash for the next owner.  ;D

Just remember that the features I refer to are on the 20S only.  The lower models don't have the built in FM or other features
I mentioned it a earlier post.  With that said I assume there are other brands that might have some of the features - But you
normally get what you pay for.......

3.5" marine grade speakers beside the instrument cluster, plain old FM\USB radio under a buck shelf. Fill the USB drive with MP3s and go.

Stereo3.jpg

Stereo1.jpg

Head%252520unit.jpg

Speakers.jpg

I mounted a pyle am/fm/cd player on the top (inside) of my givi trunk.  then connected it  to the j+m handlebar mounted interface and I used j+m helmet mounted speakers.  I had mounted a set of black water proof speakers from Pyle to the dash shelf with modified brackets so my passenger could hear the radio.  radio was controlled via a wired remoted mounted to the right side handlebar.  worked great.  sold bike with the set up, but kept the J+M components that I transferred to my C14.  Theres an interface that connects to your phone/mp3 player.  This was much easier than putting a am/fm/cd player in.  Wish I had done that the first time on my C10...