• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rain pants for long legs

warwgn

Mini Bike
Guess I need the pants with the heel straps to help hold them down, but wondering does that just cause the pants to be pulled own your ass?? I have 36" inseam but looking on revzilla at size charts it is say to get the length I gotta go like 4X which means a 50 in waist or some crap, I am gonna look like MC Hammer!!

Anybody else out there that is square shaped like me 36"waist and 36" inseam have good suggestions on pants? I have some water proof mesh tourmaster pants and they do work I have tried them but they still wind up halfway up my calf when I sit on the bike, or about 6" above my jeans so the bottom of the jeans get soaked. Maybe I just need to get a good pair of waterproof riding boots and just tuck my jeans in....tall people problems :-[

I am i the same boat as you, 36x36. I have had lots of issues finding gear. I just bought a set of Klim Badlands pants and jacket for my adventure trip in Aug.
NOT CHEAP!  OWWWW!  but they fit perfect!  669$  36 tall. Some of the best armor/padding available anywhere.
Revzilla has them in stock.
Matt

WOW that is some serious coin for pants!! The type of riding your doing does require some better than average gear though, I do mostly commuting so just looking for something to keep my clothes dry....I should be going for more protection too...hmmmm

Wgn,
They have other versions that would probably suit you fine for commuting and be a better fit for the wallet although they are at the top of the food chain in gear so keep that in mind. I have been down in a Klim jacket and it is completely unscathed ( got dirty is all), from the attempt to wreck it.
Matt

I'm about your size, too (a little more "round"). I have used the Frogg Toggs. Not the best, not the worst, just a compromise that pretty well keeps you dry. http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens.html?lifestyle=809

I had a set of these https://www.amazon.com/Red-Ledge-Mens-Thunderlight-Pant/dp/B000KVUFN6?th=1&psc=1 left over from hiking days and wore them for a while when I started riding again. They fit tighter but do not breathe at all. Pretty well waterproof if you get the ones that are seamsealed like a tent.

I'm a 36" inseam too, been rocking a pair of frogg toggs, and would also like to find something a bit longer.  While they work great, They do tend to ride up as I'm riding.

Same boat.  Tall, long legged, though bigger around the middle (44" pants) and looking for a water proof, padded pant to commute in.  Preferably something I can open up in warm weather but still get protection, and close up in rain to stay dry. 

I wound up going with these https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-overpants have had them on for several storms now and they work great, got the XL-Tall size. I still need to tuck my jeans into my boots to keep the bottom from getting wet because the legs do rise up to a little over half way up the boot, but other than that they do keep me very dry, it feels like your getting wet in the crotch and butt, but you don't. Rode for about 2 hours straight in a heavy rain from Birmingham Al to Jackson Ms on I20 a while back and kept completely dry.....well except hands still need water proof gloves.