• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ram Mount - Handle Bar and Reservoir Cover

mikew

Bicycle
Good evening everyone,

I've looked at Mr Harmon's photo(s) of handle bar ram mount and other photos. My question is do you have to move anything or loosen and slide one way so the ram mount u mount will fit?  It's not apparent in any photos that I can see

2nd question is does anyone use a reservoir cover mount?  I've searched here but it doesn't seem to be a popular mount although it make sense to me.

I have Murph's risers with ram mount but looking for more locations for my electronic crap.

Thanks.

I used a controls mount on mine with no problems. Quick and easy. People use the reservoir covers, but I have heard that use must be easy with them. I guess at least one person broke their's.

I didn't look at the picture, but I'm sure he's using the RAM-B-309-1U which replaces the bolts that hold your clutch or brake lever assembly to the bars.

Locksmith said:
I didn't look at the picture, but I'm sure he's using the RAM-B-309-1U which replaces the bolts that hold your clutch or brake lever assembly to the bars.

I thought that was called a control mount, because it mounts at the control housing though the bolts? Maybe I have the wrong name. But they mount through longer screws and stand off spacers that replace the OEM screws that hold on the clutch/brake lever mounting screws. I thought they called it a controls mount? but I could be wrong. My apologies for any confusion.

Thanks everyone. It is a control mount after a further look on the ram mount website. I kept thinking I had to use a simple u bolt and there is no room for that.

mike, i personally would not use the reservior style.  that plastic reservior will eventually get old and become brittle and the weight of an item on may be an issue down the road.  thats just not something you want to break!

i personally use the handlbar mounts.  they simply bolt on the the clutch mount around the handlebar.  i believe they were for a gold wing.  i may actually have an extra one at the house, iff'n you want ill double check and i send it to ya on the cheap!

tjhess74 said:
mike, i personally would not use the reservior style.  that plastic reservior will eventually get old and become brittle and the weight of an item on may be an issue down the road.  thats just not something you want to break!

i personally use the handlbar mounts.  they simply bolt on the the clutch mount around the handlebar.  i believe they were for a gold wing.  i may actually have an extra one at the house, iff'n you want ill double check and i send it to ya on the cheap!

TJ!

Thanks for the offer but instead of you searching thru whatever, I'll buy the mounts. Not a lot $ for the function. I was concerned about the reservoir cover deal and your reasons confirmed my reasoning. With every bump that lightweight instrument stresses the cover.

Appreciate your response.

youre welcome for the advice.  i did find my mounts (and it was easier than i thought!).  i have two clutch mount set ups, minus the bolts.  youre welcome to one of them if you change your mind.

I do use the reservoir cover never thought much about the extra weight  (like TJ said ) but it holds my camera and TPX no issues so far.