• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ram Mount

What mount do you use to attach it to your bike?
As you know Ram mounts are like lego that you get to choose the different parts.
Our handle bars are funky rectangle shaped. What clamping system do you all recommend?

There's also another one that uses the brake or clutch lever mounts. You should see it on the Ram Mount site. That's the one I'm using.

The question is where DONT I mount something!?

attachment.php

fun aside, I HIGHLY suggest the top of the dash. You can take off the inner cover and make it secure, strong, and decent looking. When its there, it's not attached to a rigid part of the bike. The stuff on the handle bars will liquefy all your electronics with the buzz. I sometimes keep my ipod on the left hand side, but now generally keep it in my tank bag hooked up to a portable battery.

dboogie2288 said:

attachment.php

fun aside, I HIGHLY suggest the top of the dash. You can take off the inner cover and make it secure, strong, and decent looking. When its there, it's not attached to a rigid part of the bike. The stuff on the handle bars will liquefy all your electronics with the buzz. I sometimes keep my ipod on the left hand side, but now generally keep it in my tank bag hooked up to a portable battery.

I just mounted my Ram ball below the ignition key....I got some 1/8" Aluminum bar stock and epoxied it in on the back (had to make a clearance hole for head stay nut)....it took any flex out of the mounting surface.

I mounted mine on the mirror post. It's a 10mm x 1.25 pitch thread that I had a hard time finding at the hardware store. In fact I couldn't find one. So I  took a broken mirror from my KLR that I cut down to just the base nut, touched up with some Rustoleum and mounted the RAM ball. Works great, and now I feel better about not throwing away useless motorcycle parts.

I have been using this mount in the fixed version for a couple years now to hold my Iphone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Adjustable-Motorcycle-Gas-Tank-Mount-Camera-Phone-GPS-Bracket-For-Kawasaki-/321800102748?fits=Make%3AKawasaki&hash=item4aecc7e35c&vxp=mtr

It is configured with a ram double ball mount(the same one used on the brake and clutch clamps) with spacers bolted to the mount, a long ram extension, and a Technick(sp) mount to hold my Lifeproof case. Mounted to the tank reduces the vibes and makes the phone easy to read. No room on dash with a Zumo, Nuvi, and Spot. Sorry, no pic.

HTH,
Randy

AND, I mounted one on the dash as well

20150728_191241_zpsbxd3mtwo.jpg

[/quote]

That's exactly how I mounted mine. Right up where it's easy to see.

dboogie2288 said:

attachment.php

Bet if you tried really hard, you could add another mount somewhere.