• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Re: ZRX front end for C10 - Sold!

How difficult of a swap is this?

The front discs on my '92 are warped pretty bad and the pads are getting bad too, it stops okay still but it makes a lot of noise. Was thinking of redoing the brakes, but after spending all that money I'd still have crappy two piston brakes. Also, my fork seals are starting to leak a bit - was going to replace them. AND the steering bearing(?) is going bad. Turning the bars from lock to lock there is a hitch as the bars reach center, starting to get noticeable while riding.

After fixing all of that, I'm wondering if I'd be better off buying this front end from you and swapping it in... Both money and performance-wise. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Thanks!

DFL,
If I hadn't acquired all the ZRX parts already I would jump on this. The steering notchiness you have may not be the bearings but the race in the steering head itself. In order to fix it you would have to replace it even if you don't go for the upgrade. If you have the extra funds, from what I hear it is like night and day difference in handling and braking.

I wish I could afford it right now... But I'm just low on cash. I'm assuming it'd be pretty expensive to ship as well.  :(

I would be interested in a partial trade for a '94-'06 front end...fork tubes, wheel, fender, brake rotors, and calipers...especially if it was somewhat local...

I have found a parts bike with the items I need...

Sport Rider said:
For your own safety, I'm hiding the check total from my wife!!!  Can't wait to see the boxes arrive!

:beerchug:

Ha Ha!  Don't you mean "For OUR safety"?  And, I've already had the check examined...verdict:  It was NOT written under duress!  Certified copies of the paperwork have been filed with the county agencies...I'm sooooo innocent on this one!!! :))

Note to self...be SURE to wipe all fingerprints from the boxes... and...label them as "Fine Jewelery" with no return address...I'm sure everything will be OK if they get there while you're at work...>:D

BTW...did you catch the number on that bus?

Fine Jewelry is not a good idea.  then she'll open it and I'll be in even more hot water!  ::)

Next week we'll be in Florida, so that will be the perfect time for my son to intercept them and hide them in the garage.  she'll NEVER find them there!  :)