• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

rear end whine

gslothower

Training Wheels
Im a new member,and love my concourse but,at 30 to 40 miles per hour,the rear end makes a howling noise that is loud.The bike has low miles and has the best of care. Does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks Glenn

What year is your Concours? How many miles are on it? What brand and type tires are on it? Have you checked the fluid level? It is very rare for the Connie to have rear drive problems, but they are not unheard of. Your answers to the above will hopefully give me a starting point to help you. Larry Buck COG 3451,SE-AD (Retired)Concourier C-10 Tech Editor ROK,MTF,IBA,MSF-RC Buck Sport Touring-"Ride Far" www.bucksporttouring.com

Welcome Glenn, Best of care? If you were not the one doing the care then you have no way to know it had the best of care. Along with the above are you sure the splines were lubed with each/last tire change? ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Check the rear tire for cupping. Mine is severely cupped right now and it whines. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

My concourse is a 2001. It has 18,ooo miles on her.When I bought her, she had only 10,000 miles,3 years ago.I had the rear end oil changed to synthetic, and the rear tire is a dunlop,new last year. I bought the bike in Wisconsin and noticed the rear end noise when I picked her up, but it was love at first sight.My mechanic told me that was the way they are.

You might see if anyone is close and see if both bikes sound the same. In any case I don't feel that I can hear mine at all. Do you know if the drive shaft spline thing was lubed then you got tires last? Some dunlops do whine in the corners when the get a few miles on them. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br