• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Redwing 19 - Iron Butt Ride for Navy SEAL's - VA

jaxrider

Scooter
Lots of intersting stuff on this one, and I'm seriously thinking of going to support the SEAL's and also get my second in-state SS1000. http://redwing19.com 2009 REDWING 19 RIDE We ride in honor of the 11 Navy SEALS and 8 Army 160th Aviators that were lost in Afghanistan June 2005 during OPERATION REDWING. *** WE ARE IRS APPROVED ! YOUR DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE ! *** ** 29 MAR 2009 UPDATE ** = 1 8 6 We have more than enough registered riders to win the IBA record for the largest SS1K inside VA!! Now we need THAT BUFFER OVER 159 to secure the

I just returned last night from the Redwing 19 ride. Riding my ZZR1200 and two friends riding BMW's, we rode it in about 17 hours. It rained like heck the last 350 miles and it was quite challenging. It was still a great event and now I am a world record participant for the largest group SS1000 ever (over 400 bikes) and largest in-state ride in Virginia. I also presented checks totaling #95 to Jim Otto, president of Redwing19.com. The word is that $1800 was raised for each child of the soldiers/sailors killed in the incident, which is fantastic. More details at www.redwing19.com thanks David David in Jax, FL COG# 7898 CDA # 2002 ZZR-1200 "Magic Carpet" 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC "Luxury Couch"