• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

reflash rev limiter and top speed

Yes. I had the speed limiter increased on mine, but left the rev limiter alone, but you could change the rev limit too if you wanted. Though I'm not sure I would advise it, since it's there to protect the engine.

Is there a programer out there that I can get my hands on for a 2009 or would I have to send the comp to someone?

Right now, the only way to make changes is to remove the ECU and mail it in, though Guhl Motors is working on a cable and software to let you do it yourself, but it isn't available just yet.

I have a 2009 with GIPRO ATRE and Area P CF slip on.  Does the reflash gain a lot more torque over the ATRE?  Should the ATRE be removed If I reflash?  How does the reflash effect fuel consumption?  Rick

Rick_Stiles_WY said:
I have a 2009 with GIPRO ATRE and Area P CF slip on.  Does the reflash gain a lot more torque over the ATRE?  Should the ATRE be removed If I reflash?  How does the reflash effect fuel consumption?  Rick

I've had both a GiPro and the Guhl reflash, and yes, the Guhl reflash provides a much more significant improvement than the GiPro. You won't need the GiPro after having the reflash, so you can remove it, as it will no longer have any effect on the bike.

Full consumption seems to improve just a little after the reflash, but not enough to make it noteworthy.

The Guhl reflash basically makes the bike run like you removed the butterflies and installed a Power Commander. The only difference is that the reflash seems to be a bit more rider friendly in the lower gear ranges and less twitchy at low RPMs in 1st and 2nd than what you get when you totally remove the butterflies. It provides a smoother low end since it still allows the butterflies to operate in the extreme low RPM ranges to provide smoother throttle transitions.