• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Replacement saddlebags for an '86 Concours

martinisoft

Big Wheel
Greetings!

New user here that recently inherited his late uncle's 1986 Concours that last ran back in 1999. I've been in the process of rebuilding it and when I got the bike the saddlebags were not with the bike and the family has no idea where they could be since it's been sitting in storage for 17 years. Any ideas on where I could get decent replacements or something close to original?

I spotted this on ebay, but it looks a little different than the stock ones that originally came with the bike: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-ZG1000A-2-HARD-SADDLE-BAGS-RACKS-ALL-HARDWARE-INCLUDED-/112575080532?hash=item1a35ff6854:g:tvUAAOSwaOxZuYm-&vxp=mtr

If I'm not mistaken, those are the original bags for an '86. The '86 bags did not have that textured finish, they had a smooth finish unique to that year. And I believe the badgeing was also different for the '86, as the badge was 'Kawasaki' not 'Concours' as for years following '86. It looks like all that is painted over on those bags or some kind of different badge was added? I'd ask some questions and get more pictures, but overall those will work. The '86 bags also had their own unique key for the latch locks, I'd ask if they have the key for the locks also. If you acquire those bags, they are '86 bags and have that key, hang on to it, not sure if they are attainable or not anymore. :)

Yes he does(says my wife),do not trust that person on E-Bay,that price was $139.99/89.00(shipping), then $149.99/69.99, then $199.99/69.99,now its what ever it says.I purchased an item from them,due on the 25th,I contacted E-bay since there was no shipping info,today.Now I see they set up Fedex today but not shipped yet.So anyway,I do have a set of the early ones.But they have gray paint job.I think I have a just black also of the early ones.Now I have pairs of bags boxed up,ready to ship of the later (textured body ones). Right now on sale for $200.00 including postage or $85 each plus postage or $160.00 plus postage.I can send out in the day with an address???          The Wizard

The Wizard said:
Yes he does(says my wife),do not trust that person on E-Bay,that price was $139.99/89.00(shipping), then $149.99/69.99, then $199.99/69.99,now its what ever it says.I purchased an item from them,due on the 25th,I contacted E-bay since there was no shipping info,today.Now I see they set up Fedex today but not shipped yet.So anyway,I do have a set of the early ones.But they have gray paint job.I think I have a just black also of the early ones.Now I have pairs of bags boxed up,ready to ship of the later (textured body ones). Right now on sale for $200.00 including postage or $85 each plus postage or $160.00 plus postage.I can send out in the day with an address???          The Wizard

Awesome! I have sent you a PM to coordinate that. Thanks again everyone! Interesting to know about the differences in the '86 and onward.