• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Resolved: Murph's tip over bars -- 2 "right inner" brackets?

drumstyx

I bought tip over bars all around a couple months ago, and am just now getting around to installation. I noticed I don't have a "left inner" bracket as mentioned in the directions for the left upper mount, but rather 2 "right inner" brackets.

Are these brackets the same? I assume they are not, and that I might have to contact Murph. Problem is, I live in Canada, and had them shipped to the border, which I can no longer reasonably get to (bike is in pieces...), so I have my fingers crossed.

Hmmmm, been a few years since I put my bars on, but I remember a pair of left and right brackets. I haven't looked closely at the brackets to see if they were an exact match, but I suspect they have a slightly different 'offset'. I can try measuring when I get home.

Near as I can tell, the lower brackets both seem to have about a 2" offset.
But it wasn't easy to get a real accurate measurement with the fairing in place, so that's not real precise.

An update in support of Murphs! I contacted him, and within a day it was sorted with the correct part being shipped to me in Canada. Thanks for the awesome support Murph!