• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rev limiter

jayth1

Tricycle
Do i have one? Or is it my right hand. Missed a 3-4 shift @ about 10k on the way to work today didn't have time to look but she mighta hit 11k I'm sure its fine but it got me wonderin'

Not sure on the limiter, never heard anyone speak of one. Chances are you would know by now if the bike was not fine. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

I think I have read that the rev limiter shuts you down at around 10,800 rpm's. I know that my 86 1000R Ninja has a rev limiter and that has pretty much the same engine. Joe 1968 Honda 160 Scrambler, Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one, 1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours COG memb# 8645

I have pushed my 06 to 11k before she electronically slowed herself. So at least on mine, I found a rev limiter.

There is no documentation that I know of confirming nor denying the existance of a rev limiter on the Concours. Even with 1982 technology (the actual birth date of this engine) a rev limiter is somewhat easy to do on a transistorized ignition. None of the slick magazines, even the more technically oriented ones, mention a rev limiter, yet some of our membership claim it exists based on their experience. Maybe it does, maybe they are just reaching the RPM where the valves get in the way and the bike runs out of breath. How about we get five C10's together so we can rev ths not out of them in varying circumstances to find out. Volunteers, anyone? :) OK, I am kidding. If someone does have conclusive evidence (other than running out of oomph at 11 grand) of a rev limiter please let us know.