• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rev'It Dominator GTX

ghostrider990

Anybody wearing this Jacket/Pants combo??

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-dominator-gtx-jacket

Been eyeballing this set for over a year, never gets any cheaper.

Seems to be the dogz Ballz as far as All-around protection and comfort, despite the Ultra Premium Price.

I've long since decided against Aerostich (bought one, didn't like it) and Klim is far too boxy and ADV-centric for my SportTouring needs.

I am looking for the top-of-the-line Goretex PRO 3-4 season style two piece suit, and cost really isn't the issue -- I just want to buy the best gear I can, relative to form and function.
In this category, there really aren't THAT many options, unfortunately.

If anybody is wearing this gear, and has input, I would appreciate hearing it!

Thanks,
gr

sorry, i prefer my stich one piece for ST work, and the klim badlands pro set  for dual sport. I like the looser fit. and the klim stuff tours well also.  klim has some new stuff out for this year with a trimmer fit for touring riders you might check out.
never even tried the rev'it stuff.  look over on ADVRIDER  someone will have some info in it.

I'm gonna bump this thread-up again, as I'm still on the Hunt for some serious Gore-Tex All Season gear to replace my old Marsee Jacket and Pants that I've had for over 10 years.
Gotta be THIS year!

Looking for Electrics too....but that's another thread.  :-X

I see that Klim has added a Sport-Touring specific jacket/pant combo in the Kodiak, but it's still too "klimish" and ADV styled for my taste, and not truly all that impressive in terms of features and protection for the $$$. (imho)
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-kodiak-jacket

I try to like Rukka, but it's just so.....Rukka.  :-[

I think my biggest issue with Rev'It, is color choices.  I'd buy the Dominator tomorrow if it came in a GRAY variation.
White in a Touring Set just seems ridiculous.
And I'm over Black.  Not even a Hi-Viz offering?? How can they be serious or expect to compete with the likes of Klim??

I continue to look.

If anyone has good reports or suggestions for gear combo's OTHER than Klim or Aerostich, please feel free to add here.
Also, knowing how CHEAP everyone is, please don't post up your Fieldsheer, Joe Rocket, Tourmaster suggestions.
Yes, I AM a snob!  :D

gr

You're kinda barking up the wrong tree around here with those pricetags.  Perhaps try the BMW forums.  :)) :)) :))

:nananana:

On the other hand.....you're assigned to bring beer to RWTW, and it better be the good stuff!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

seriously, Klim or Aerostich are about the only things I've looked at on the higher end.  Klim would probably be the direction I would go simply because they have supported our national for several years.  they not only show up as a vendor to sell their wares, but they have donated some of their stuff for door prizes.

Beer you say??

If it doesn't fit on the bike, it AIN'T making the trip!

I agree, I'm asking alot of this crowd in that price range, but I've learned my lesson over the years on buying "sale-priced" gear, and
I'm going GORETEX this time, or not at all.  Further to that, is, I'm not buying anything that has a Goretex LINER - it HAS to be integrated into the shell as superfabric...and that limits my choices even more.

yep -- I'm a picky S.O.B.!

I do like the KLIM endorsement as a visible and present sponsor for our events -- that MEANS something.  I think I need to WORK for them!!

The verdict is still out on me making RWTW, as my brother just asked me to help him move into his new house on the same week, and the date is not FIRM yet.  :-[
I may be a last minute arrival AGAIN!

gr

I trailered down last year with a keg in the back....just sayin.....  :nananana:

I'm not a fan of the rain liner type deal either.  I went with a non-rainproof suit and put frog toggs over them.  it's easier to get rain gear on over other things than under them.  I'm not a fan of the aero or klim suits simply because they are not comfortable in the summer here in the south.  I wear mesh most of the time and as I said, use the rain gear over them.

but hey....we all have to figure out how we want to spend that money that's burning a hole in our pockets!  :beerchug: