• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride Contest - MA, ME, NH, VT Members

ghabel

Tracey and I have put together a ride contest for the MA, ME, NH, VT members.  Award to be presented at the end of the season social to the person who is able to vist the most sites.  There are 20 attractions scattered throughout MA, ME, NH, and VT.    Attractions can be found at the Roadside America site here:  http://www.roadsideamerica.com/trips/108_49_24_196_1313975603.php

The rules are pretty simple to be eligible:
1) Must be a COG member in the MA, ME, NH, VT area. 
2) All visits must be while you are a COG member.
3) Have your picture taken with either you and the bike with the attraction in the background or
you with gear on with the attraction in the background (just in case you can't get the bike close enough)
4) Send pictures to COG7010@verizon.net by Nov 1st 2012.
5) Feel free to boast in this posting
6)Have fun!!!

Just as it was getting ready to head to Daytona for Biketoberfest, eh?  That's really sad... 
th_sad.gif

As part of the 3/24/12 MA meet and greet a bunch of us scored some points while at the Ice Cream Lady statue in Douglas, MA.

Here's me

Bob D and Brian C

Wayne G also scored but using his camera.  I believe he's up to 3!  I've got to catch up!

All - don't forget to keep track of your pictures so you can submit for the most points.

I scored another point during the NH Meet and Greet.
Here's my picture of the Red Stone rocket at the Planitarium in Concord, NH. 

Wayne, I'm catching up to you!

Scored 2 today.  400 miles of riding.

Large chair - Gardner, MA

The floating bridge - Brookfield, VT - off the paved road!

I also scored two today, 334 miles of riding ...

Vermontasaurus
DSC01648.jpg

Floating Bridge
DSC01650.jpg

My Spot placed me at the floating bridge at 1:27 pm.  When were you there?

Oh sure - upping the anti!  Nice!

I think I left the bridge around 1:00 pm.  Wow - just missed you!  I recognize the car on the right.  I talked with a family fiishing down at the other end.  They had a pit bull.

I had lunch at Patricks Place in Randolf, VT.  I think I left there around 2 pm.
Loved Rt 14 from White River Junction all the way up.
A great day for riding!

The pit bull was still there ... a rather large animal ... and more and more people were arriving to fish.  The collection of bobbers on the cable strung next to the bridge was humerous.

Did you happen to get a photo of the bear sculpture in the park next to the bridge?  There were two women (one in a wheelchair) hanging around it taking photos of each other all the whie I was there and I couldn't get a shot without being rude.

WG said:
The pit bull was still there ... a rather large animal ... and more and more people were arriving to fish.  The collection of bobbers on the cable strung next to the bridge was humerous.

Did you happen to get a photo of the bear sculpture in the park next to the bridge?  There were two women (one in a wheelchair) hanging around it taking photos of each other all the whie I was there and I couldn't get a shot without being rude.

I didn't get a picture of the bear sculture but one of my extra photos was taken by using the bear as a tripod for my camera.
Looks like there used to be a small restaurant at the center their but it's long closed down.

Nice Wayne!
We were running behind on the Saturday ride schedule so I had to bypass Cheshire.
I'm planning on taking September off to get the rest (ya right!)

Claude - work is what is holding me back!

WG said:
World's Largest Chair
Gardner, MA
WorldsLargestChair.jpg

Really?!?  I was going to suggest that the Thomasville Chair is bigger but it might just look that way because it is on a pedestal.

davidsoncobigchair.jpg

(Picture from the Internet.  Didn't have the time to dig out my photo with a C-10 in the foreground.)

I don't think I'd sign up for that one.  From my experience in Gardner, there really isn't much interesting about a big chair!  :rotflmao:

Nice pic of the Gorilla, Dan!  :great:

Here's one from yesterday's Meet & Greet:
UndergroundTelescopeMuseum.jpg

Not really much to look at!  :mad:

Thanks to Marc Hering's wonderful idea to spend some quality time on the Maine waterfront, I scored a perfect Quint-fecta in the ride contest ... all five Maine sights ... enjoy!

BigIndian.jpg

BigJim.jpg

Eartha.jpg

Lenny.jpg

PaulBunyan.jpg

Nice pics Wayne!  Way to go!  You had to travel all over Maine to get those.  Nicely done.  :truce:  I surrender, I surrender - in motorcycle racing I think you just lapped me!

For the social in November, can you send me all your pictures we can run them on the TV?

Hey I was visiting Lenny (the chocolate moose) in July. IIRC, That was Len Libby candy on Route 1 in Scarborough (just south of Portland). The chocolate was good, but pricey.  :) But not on the bike. It was family time.  ::)

You remember correctly, Bob.

I didn't get any chocolate (too much fat).  Instead I got some fluffernutter salt water taffy to share with Maryann, Marc, and the Felice's in Boothbay Harbor that evening.

At the DeLorme store, they were in the midst of some sort of international eco-caching weekend event.  There were lot's of people sporting new T-shirts and toting LL Bean shopping bags.  I chatted with a guy in the parking lot for a few minutes, but I still don't understand the point ... then again, he probably didn't understand why I had to get a photo there, just 'cause Greg said so!  :rotflmao:

Another one from the far north in New Hampshire (Motorcyclists' Shrine, Colebrook, NH):

2012%20Habel%20Challange

Congrats Wayne for winning the contest.  17 out of 20 destinations spread across the far reaches of MA, ME,NH, and VT!