• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride on 20th Oct

danodemotoman

COG 2877
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=194099&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D10%2D17%27%7D

Join us on a ride out to the coast via Chehalis, Raymond, Aberdeen....
Welcome Pat Duffy, new NW member from WY, as he he on an seminar visit to Seattle and has Sun off.

We can meet in Chehalis @ 9AM for Brekie at  Mackinaws Restaurant:
http://local.yahoo.com/info-38450692-mackinaws-restaurant-chehalis
545 N Market Blvd, Ste 1, Chehalis, WA 98532
Cross Streets: Between NE Boistfort St/NW Boistfort St and NW Front St/NW West St

Or there at 10AM clutch-out!

First, this event is open to public. Just changed. That feature sems to get overlooked when creating a calendar event.  :-[
Talked to Pat today and will pick him up in Seattle. My 'old' '01 Connie ran great on a hunert mile run yesterday so hope Pat can adjust from his C14!  :motonoises:
Weather is looking good for tomorrow's ride to the coast.  :))

Have fun.  Today I took my son and some of his friends up into the mountains, and we popped off over 1,000 rounds of ammunition.  They are now at the house a couple of the friends share, cleaning guns.  My 9mm got fired so much the front sight fell off.  What a day!

Sorry I missed this one guys.  Toilet water supply fitting cracked when we were away from home and about 2/3 of my house is trashed.  Looking at about 3 months of reconstruction.  Insurance looks good so far  :'( 

Trying my patience getting bikes ready!
First, '01 had no lighting other than headlight, replaced fuse, OK that was easy.
Tire at 6 psi, tightened valve core, OK that as easy.
We get to leave my place and the '05 won't start with lights working, then no power when recycling ignition switch, so gave up and prepped the Sabre for the ride. Will replace J Box with spare next day.
Pat's sunglasses arm breaks as he was putting them on.
On the ride my electric heat doesn't work on the Sabre (riding naked bike at 40 deg
Leading the ride decide to 'take it easy' on the pace as what next? Along with wet roads and fog.
Dangit, we're riding!
Get to cafe 45 min late and it is not open, LOL, we eat at the Mex place instead and enjoy Huevos Rancheros.

Drove to Seattle to pick Pat up at hotel, took a few extry min's as I drove past hotel once. This seems to be my day for looking the wrong way, LOL.
Back at my place we talk too long before getting ready to ride, great conversations for sure. Things in common and new too.
My '05 won't start (symptoms typical of J Box)  and I give up and take the Sabre even tho cold and it is  a naked bike.
We start off in medium fog and mist but nothing to stop a ride. Pat is still riding this fall in Cheyenne so he is a hardened rider for sure even without electric clothing.
We take backroads getting to Chehalis 45 min behind 'schedule' and cafe is closed. Ride south and finally see Mex cafe with open sign. I ask about the menu and Pat is not sure about Huevos Rancheros but I assure him they are good, not sure if he agrees but the plate comes out clean!
We head out to Hwy 6 and I think to go out to Napavine and get us lost for an hour before getting on hwy 6 to Raymond.
Stop in Raymond for gas and than out 105 north to ocean views and coastal bays/estuaries.
Stop for photo op after Copeland.

Pat and his C10 ride for the day
001-L.jpg

Head north along coast and having a much better ride as sun was out just before we got to Copeland, always great mood changer!

Stop in Westport for lunch.
Pat
002-L.jpg
[/url]

Westport vessel views
005-L.jpg

006-L.jpg

Our lunch stop
007-L.jpg

As hwy 105 ends we stop before crossing over in Aberdeen for elevated drawbridge as tug with barge pass thru .
008-L.jpg

As Pat needs to get back to Seattle we flow with traffic east on hwy 12/8/101/I-5/512 back to Grahamcrackerville before driving to Seattle. i have trouble again orienterring the wheel driving thru Seattle with all the new to me traffic changes going on on Alaskan Way but it is a short delay.

Enjoyed meeting Pat and riding as well. We had a good time and shared some laughs. A good ride! Good company!
The adventure begins when plans go awry?

Wow, what an underwhelming response from this ride! Granted it was posted jut two days prior.
Good news on my electrical gremlins:
  1) '05 not starting was a loose neg battery bolt.  :16:
2) V65 Sabre heated outlet was installed wrong polarity, will fire the mechanic . ;)
3) '01 rear tire held pressue fine after tightening valve core  :))

Who, me worry?  :41:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Have fun.  Today I took my son and some of his friends up into the mountains, and we popped off over 1,000 rounds of ammunition.  They are now at the house a couple of the friends share, cleaning guns.  My 9mm got fired so much the front sight fell off.  What a day!

Up FR70 by any chance?  I came back from Yakima that way Saturday with a few other guys on our V-Stroms.  Just before the end of the gravel heading toward Greenwater there was a group popping off a lot of rounds as we went by, would have been around 5:30 thereabouts....

Rob said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Up FR70 by any chance?  I came back from Yakima that way Saturday with a few other guys on our V-Stroms.  Just before the end of the gravel heading toward Greenwater there was a group popping off a lot of rounds as we went by, would have been around 5:30 thereabouts....

We went up FR70 to 71, then turned up the hill and went another mile or two.  I need to explore 70 some more.  That was my first time up that road.

Appreciate your posting up the photos so we could ride along after the fact.

As I write this, I realize  :-[ ,  I've never ridden my bike to the coast.

TimR said:
Today I took my son and some of his friends up into the mountains, and we popped off over 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

Sure, rub it in.

Two weeks ago yesterday I had my surgery, and starting to get cabin fever. Thinking I should load up the car and head for Skyway or White Center and pop off a few hundred rounds ;)

Looks like I will be back at work starting this coming Sunday night.

:iagree: :pDT_Armataz_01_37: :bravo_2:

Wayne, and I'm sure they will be glad to see you back!

TimR said:
:iagree: :pDT_Armataz_01_37: :bravo_2:

Wayne, and I'm sure they will be glad to see you back!

Are you referring to his co-workers, or the residents of Rat City (White Center)?  ;)

Hey Dan posted my thanks in a separate thread - great ride, great hospitality. If the other members are half this nice I am glad I joined!

Yer welcome Pat.
Not often I host and provide a bike!
I saw you had no problem adjusting to the "original' Connie on this ride.

wyomingpat said:
Hey Dan posted my thanks in a separate thread - great ride, great hospitality. If the other members are half this nice I am glad I joined!