• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride on the 18th and/or 19th?

ADVTRACKER

Any NW Coggers interested in an overnight ride to somewhere in the Cascades the 18th and 19th?  Or second option- either day?  I'd like to judge some interest before I post a ride.  So far weather is forecast to be awesome.  Just did a fall colors two dayer to Winthrop.  Trees were awesome in the Methow Valley and Stevens Pass.

The combo of my fun budget being blown until the next side job generates a payday and my Aerostich suit being down for repairs is keeping me close to home for the foreseeable future.  :(

The combo of my fun budget being blown until the next side job generates a payday and my Aerostich suit being down for repairs is keeping me close to home for the foreseeable future.>>>>
      Is your aerostitch suit up on jacks? :D

I'd be interested in a ride.  Were you thinking something like a Friday and Saturday (18th and 19th?).  I could likely get a day off from work to do a 2 day ride.  Let me know what you have in mind.

Tony

Since I have my C14 back I might join you from the east side. I would not spend the night because Twisp is only about an hour from home.

Tony said:
I'd be interested in a ride.  Were you thinking something like a Friday and Saturday (18th and 19th?).  I could likely get a day off from work to do a 2 day ride.  Let me know what you have in mind.

Tony

Yep, I'm thinking Fri and Sat.  Only caveat is we'd have to wait until about Wed for a final decision to make sure some stupid storm isn't moving in, although as of now looks fine. Let me ponder a location.  I just did a two day to Winthrop and it was awesome.  NC highway still open with just a bit of snow on the sides of the road at Washington Pass, and great colors over Stevens Pass and in the Methow valley. Let me see what I can come up with for an overnight location by tomorrow and will post. 
I've been on a medical leave of absence from work for cateract surgery all summer and go back next week, so trying to squeeze as much riding in as possible.  :)  Thanks also Tim R.  Hope to see you out there somewhere.

Look forward to hearing what you have in mind.  I should be able to get away.  The weather looks great and I'm sure the switch will get thrown and crappy weather will be coming soon (Halloween seems to be about the time things go south).  I'll send you a PM to confirm once you get a location set.

Tony

PS, If Sat/Sun would be easier for any members please post.  I originally had other Sun plans but now they're cancelled.

I've got vacation time to burn and traffic is typically better during the week depending on where we go.  I'm good for Friday/Saturday although I could also do a Saturday/Sunday ride as well

Tony said:
I've got vacation time to burn and traffic is typically better during the week depending on where we go.  I'm good for Friday/Saturday although I could also do a Saturday/Sunday ride as well

Sent you a PM.

I generally do Winthrop on a day ride. I was thinking about stuff like a Hood Canal loop on Friday or Winthrop on Saturday or Mt. Baker on sunday. Then there's Chinook, Windy Ridge or whatever and on which bike. Wait, I forgot the San Juan's, great ferry rides. Is there a cheap off season lodging? Check the road temps on the www.wsdot.wa.gov site for higher elevations. That or watch black and white film noir movies from the fifties.

Guys.  I'm sorry.  I came home and my entire downstairs is flooded from a toilet that bust lose!  Have to cancel.

ZG said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
my Aerostich suit being down for repairs

:eek:

Again??

Yep.  Last time it came back with unfinished repairs, and one of the brand new zippers has stopped working, so it's going back.  I'm hoping the third time is the charm.