• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride suggestion

Kd50

Road Bike
I am not certain who decides and plans the rides in the n.e. but I have a suggestion. If at all possible could there be a weekend scheduled for a Adirondack Mountains in the future? I am sure there is allot that goes into the planning and I am sure that attendance prospects are important. The reason I mention this is because I live around 1 1/2 hrs from the Adirondacks and know it's beauty, plus all of the scheduled events are in downstate (6 hrs) or further. I really want to join a weekend ride but time is a big issue for me as far as taking more than a weekend round trip. Of course funds are another concern of mine.

Once again, I am not sure how these plans come together or if it is out of the question but I would dream of something like this to take place. Thanks all

Kirk

A well known line from a famous movie was "build it and they will come."  COG is a volunteer run club by members.  All rides and activities you see on the schedule are organized by the person you see listed.  If you have an idea for a ride all you need to do is step up to organize & run it...

Bob or I can help with your planning and then have it added to the schedule.  Adding it to the online schedule is important. this puts it on the Event Calendar and if enough notice is provided it will also appear in Northeast Newsletter.

Yes, I have done a couple myself. Just post a question, if anyone is interested in getting together, if you have specific dates or roads you want, include that, or get a consensuses starting with a general time-frame and area. Give plenty of time for people who need to plan time off or whatever. Then keep the topic alive, by posting maps, or images from Google of things to see/ do on the route.

kd50,

I live just west of you in Waterloo and would be happy to help with your ride plans. I've talked with Cap'n Bob about planning a ride in the finger lakes area sometime.  Anyway, it would be good to organize a ride or meet and greet a little closer to our areas.  I'm planning on going to Americade through the adirondacks. Cherry lake, Saranac lake, Lake George then back through Blue mtn lake and Old Forge.  Hope to see some fellow Coger's there.  Ride safe everyone.